overall
RATINGS: 216   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This classic India Pale Ale is wonderfully hopped for a strong start, a smooth finish, and a fine amber color.

0.8
pkbites (976) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 26, 2017
WTF is this tripe? Lovely dark amber pour with a thin head but lots of lacing. Hideous aroma of old butterscotch candy stuck in the bottom of your grandmas candy dish (she died 20 years ago and you just found the dish now while going through her belongings). Thick gooey mouthfeel with a terrible homemade turd candy taste. Maybe I got an old bottle or something. But this shit is simply awful. I couldn’t even finish 1 bottle. Blech!!!!!

edwardbass (859) - Illinois, USA - JUN 5, 2016
This is not a good IPA, but is a pretty decent mediocre IPA. Aroma is roasted grain, not a good start for an IPA. Taste has some decent citrus and pine, and a surprisingly decent malt balance and decent bitterness, but ends with a dry metallic taste that isn’t terrible, but isn’t pleasant and leaves my tongue feeling like sandpaper. I’m glad I tried it, though, since I enjoy trying local brews when I visit somewhere new (Madison, WI area).

Powderfin (5) - Minnesota, USA - NOV 16, 2015 does not count
The mixed reviews on this beer are interesting. I bought it because it was next to the DFH 90min IPA I was purchasing and I’m always interested in tasting local MN and WI craft brews. Excellent pine aroma and the initial taste is pretty decent, maybe even above average... then it goes sharply down hill to straight up metallic. It ended up being a regrettable purchase.

deyholla (12191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 30, 2015
Bottle shared by Ben, thanks! Pours a murky deep golden orange with a large tan head that dissipates slowly to the edges. Aroma has lots of flora and sweet citrus with a bit of light grains. Flavor has an odd bread and earthy citrus with a bit of flora.

Carlisle (794) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 9, 2015
Draft. Orange color with white head. Hop aroma. Citrus hop flavor upfront. Bitter finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

TXBadger (2811) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 18, 2015
Pours a mostly clear orange golden color with off-white head. Tropical fruits, citrus, light fruits and a light pine on the nose; follows onto the palate. Finishes with a nice fruity hop note, not overly bitter either.

boozedude (2229) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - MAR 22, 2015
Bottle shared with nate suzie at club wakonda..clear light orange pour with thin white head...taste is hopps and super bitter.. not bad... nothing I would seek out

kaser (6378) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 4, 2015
Orange pour from bottle at home. White head. Tropical and fruity aroma. Bananna and hoppy bitter taste. Pretty good surprisingly

Frank (4235) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 17, 2014
I have yet to try a Sand Creek beer that has made me want to drink another Sand Creek beer and yet I keep trying them. This is why I hate RateBeer and wish to never visit this site again. What we have here is an orange and slightly cloudy brew w/ a long-lasting foamy head. It smells and tastes rather sharply of citrus rind and pine. It’s dry and drinkable and nice and bitter, though it does have a touch of a metallic edge in the finish. For the brewery, this is damn decent and actually it’s pretty good for beer generally in so far as it’s not a huge, sweet mess. Still, as an IPA, there are so many better ones so easily available, I just don’t see me buying this again.

Nero55 (944) - Nevada, USA - OCT 12, 2014
Copper with small white head. Aroma of citrus hops and a touch of pine and tropical fruit (papaya). Medium body, medium citrus hop bitterness, some fruit notes, and a bitter finish.