overall
RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.68/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Wild ale spontaneously fermented by wild yeast from a local apple orchard.

chibuck (3521) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 30, 2011
Thanks to Alex for this...Pour a muddy orange with about a finger of white head...The aroma is really astringent here, it literally burns my nostril hairs if I keep it there long enough. Its buttery, burnt popcorn, rubber, very acidic. Unlike the 6 which I liked as a vinegar bomb this just wasn’t right...The taste is quite sour, reminds me of a lighter version of the 6, I can see there is a progression of the sourness. Reminds me of vinegar and catchup, after talking a few drinks I feel like I just a huge basket of fish and chips. I like this type of sourness, would love to find out how they do this.

WeeHeavySD (3400) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 5, 2011
bottle bikesandbeer got me. Pours orange with a bright white head. Nose is intense. Taste is holy fuck wow this will burn through paint.

pantanap (3367) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 20, 2010
Santa Fe Wild #5. 750ml bottle... Pours a hazy orange caramel brown with a thin quickly dissipating white head... Aroma of sharp vinegar, a little musty undertones, a touch of burnt chemical aspect... Flavors are more musty, sharply acidic somewhat similar to four in some ways but a little sweeter in nature along with some acetone. 7/4/8/4/15

SphinxTX (2878) - Mata Gorda, Texas, USA - AUG 29, 2010
(750ml bottle, courtesy of thirdeye11 and travita). Pours a hazy amber with white fizzy head. Aroma is very tart, brett, lots of horse blanket. Flavor is very much the same as well as very acidic, hard to pick out the fruit though. Mouth feel is light-medium body with fizzy carbonation. Overall, a very exciting brew....I have a simple description but this is a must try!!!! Great stuff!

dimenhetfield (2554) - , Florida, USA - JUN 23, 2011
Thanks to Dstructo for sharing this one. Sour funk aroma with a stingy vinegar flavor. Crazy good.

kbutler1 (1382) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 27, 2011
Bottle. Pours a clear copper color with a coastered white. Decent head retention. Some fruit in the nose, sweet, and nail polish acidic. Soft sweet start followed by a sour fruit flavor. Not as sour as the SF Wild #4 but probably more balanced. Light mouthfeel with carbonation. Winelike and dry. Overall, this is pretty tasty and decenly balanced.

bikesandbeers (547) - san diego, California, USA - JAN 29, 2011
Very strong sour aroma. Light thi. Carbonation. Pale peach color. The inital bit was very tart but it maded into a clean sourness. Tasty and smooth