overall
Brewed by Sapporo Breweries
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1727   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Marketed as Sapporo Draft Beer in Japan and Europe, and as Premium Beer in North America.
Some of Sapporos production for the North American market is produced by Sleeman in Guelph, which is owned by Sapporo.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
eve (240) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - FEB 4, 2005
I did not enjoy this skunk-smelling but otherwise nondescript pale lager. Did I really used to like this? Skunk, rice, and water? I cant believe somebody traded a Maudite for this (as someone wrote below), are they insane? I would rather drink PBR.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
brocker (99) - Salina, Utah, USA - JAN 31, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2007 Popped the cap and got the skunk smell. Poured the beer, and strangely the stink was gone. The old fart in the cushion effect I guess. The beer was typical yellow. No real head but a fair amount of carbonation. Tastes real normal. I put it in between Schlitz and Coors. Nothing special. Crisp, refreshing, very drinkable. Not worth the price, though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
fuyajo (229) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 29, 2005
I get this beer whenever Im out for sushi (its either this or Miller). The place I get it serves it nice and cold, and its a "refreshing" beer. I dont think Id ever buy it for drinking at home. Its crisp with a decent flavor, and goes down easy. However, its really nothing too special.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nekronos (4175) - Xalapa, MEXICO - JAN 24, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 1, 2006 It has a rice back flavor, with a grand foam. It had a special flavor that I didnt like at all, I guess my beers are the dunkel. Earlier Rating: 1/24/2005 Total Score: 4.1 Not what I expected, it has a very low rice back flavor, with a srtong and durable foam.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
BeerBlockaid (683) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - JAN 17, 2005
Bottle: Poured yellow with ok white head. Bout it to it. Personally, I thought it kinda sucked. Luckily I was able to trade it for a Maudite 2 sips in. best deal ever.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JAN 12, 2005
01.11.05 Cool 22oz can. Can cracks with a woosh and a waft of stink. Ugh. Looks nice for a pale yellow lager. Not so fizzy and has an ample head that laces in sheets on the glass. Aroma is lightly malty and dusty(?). Flavor is sweet up front, wet, metallic finish; mild all around. Not good - I was hoping for better for some reason and now I have to taste the Reserve.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - JAN 9, 2005
Deuce-Deuce can. Poured kind of haggard yellow. Medium lasting head that laced down. Smelled like beer...I suppose. Tasted...not so good. Really kind of weird strong alcohol taste despite not being strong at all. Overall not very good..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Tessic (1132) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 8, 2005
This one poured a nice yellow with a really nice white head. Although the scent of it smelled like the can...Metallic! Very boring as far as the scents went, typical white bread beer smell. First taste was very smooth with minimal carbonation. Although watery. Finish was typical and the palate was slightly bitter. Not too bad but I probably wont be bothered with another.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
nick76 (4396) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JAN 5, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2007 As expected this one has a rice malt flavor with light hops that go well with oriental foods. Just a little too thin. The one I had did not seem as weak as some of the others listed here but still way too thin to say it had any character.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
joergen (27375) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - JAN 2, 2005
Clear yellow beer with small white head. Malty aroma with notes of hops. The flavour is dominated by hops. Nice with japanese food.