overall
RATINGS: 746   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Our original award-winning Saranac beer is brewed in the German Lager tradition using Noble hops. We balance the hop bitterness with caramel malt sweetness, creating what we like to call a “round” beer.

Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 11, 2002
A crisp Orange amber color with a thick head. the aroma is sweet and malty with the right balnce of hoppy bitterness. the flavor is sweet and malty throughout with a hint of hop flavor.

vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 11, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2003 Has a nice amber color and a malt/light-hop smell. Taste is malty, but finishes very bitter. Overall looks great, but way too bitter.

Aggie80 (818) - Michigan, USA - JUL 23, 2002
I was surprised by how good this was! Nice deep amber color, just like the real amber. Nice lace and not too much foam. Good hop background and very smooth. I’ve been impressed with all the Saranac line. Too bad it isn’t found around my area!

LordNeuf (136) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 22, 2002
After a second sampling I agree with the first. A middle of the road brew. Nothing too spectacular to catch my fancy.

SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JUL 21, 2002
I liked this beer although I have nothing to compare it against. I prefer IPA’s and stouts and this hit exactly in the middle.

PorterPounder (7971) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 19, 2002
Not as much of a caramel sweetness as I was anticipating, rather bland taste - no aroma. Pales in comparasion to other Saranacs I have tried.

SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2002
middle of the road in all aspects... good for cook outs where those less versed in good beer attend

TheHolyMan99 (3) - USA - JUL 10, 2002 does not count
I would reach for this beer before any other - absolutely awesome. Can’t get enough. In fact - I need one now.

ClarkVV (6711) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 10, 2002
a true mediocre beer!!! and since i need to say something about it, it has too dry a taste for me. A little caramel flavor kind of makes it interesting. I wouldnt call this beer very bitter though. mainly just some malty/hoppy tones.

MartinT (9880) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 7, 2002