overall
RATINGS: 746   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Our original award-winning Saranac beer is brewed in the German Lager tradition using Noble hops. We balance the hop bitterness with caramel malt sweetness, creating what we like to call a “round” beer.

Dogbrick (13010) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 17, 2002
Very malty and mellow, a great cigar beer. Nothing too complex going on here, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Medium creamy head and sweet aroma.

DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAY 13, 2002
I like this beer. Except for the finish, I would say that it’s twins with Sam Adams Lager.

Darkover (1538) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 9, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 26, 2006 Light amber color with a beige head. Aroma is like an American lager. Flavor of bready malt and some hops. Slightly bitter finish

Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - APR 28, 2002
A good flavorful beer. I enjoyed it while walking my dog and smoking a good cigar. It just went down well.

Ron (3956) - Rochester, New York, USA - APR 28, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 17, 2012 Tastes ot toast and some caramel and malt, nothing to over powering but not a bad bottle of beer.

grymy (105) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - APR 19, 2002
not a bad beer but im not a huge amber fan

Nate (4279) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 24, 2008 Slightly malty with a nice hops balance. A smooth palate with dry finish. Dark amber color. Very nice.

raymow (1650) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 6, 2002
I thought it was pretty good. In fact, I just bought a case yesterday! One of my favorite Saranac’s.

Hmelsicky (39) - Maryland, USA - APR 3, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2003 By no stretch is this one of the better ambers yet i did find its taste a bit interesting and rather enjoyable for a change.

estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 22, 2002
Have to agree with the rater who described this as inoffensive but only mildly interesting.