overall
RATINGS: 743   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Our original award-winning Saranac beer is brewed in the German Lager tradition using Noble hops. We balance the hop bitterness with caramel malt sweetness, creating what we like to call a “round” beer.

Bov (13284) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - JUN 18, 2000
.................... .................. ........

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUN 9, 2002
I am very impressed with this beer. Nice amber color. Nice smooth balanced flavor. A good offering from Matt Brewing.

GirlyBeer (190) - Old Orchard Beach, Maine, USA - APR 10, 2005
This is a good choice. It goes well with food. Nice amber color. Very good, especially for F.X. Matt!

Birdiebeagle (958) - Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 8, 2005
A good head with a super amber color. Bitter taste with a slight acidic taste. A little dry. The bottle I had was named Adirondack Lager. Very pleasing beer.

Salsgebom (20) - North Carolina, USA - DEC 24, 2005
I’m an ale fan, I love hops and dark grains and a serious bite to my beer. But on the level of lagers which are typically light, I think its wonderful. Better flavor, body, and carbonation level is perfect. I even like it better than Harp and Urquell. If this were $8.99 a 12-pack I would buy it on a regular. But since it’s an easy-drinkin’ lager, ehhhh I’d rather have a tasty ale. But for those who think yuengling is a good improvement on domestic lager, throw that shit away. Adirondack kicks lager ass.

williamherbert (1544) - Syracuse, New York, USA - AUG 3, 2009
The appearance is a clear light orange color. A decent, thick head that recedes quickly. Good color, good carbonation. A crisp lagery malt smell. Sweet biscuity malt with mild German-bitter and sweetish flowery hops (the label says Hallertauer and Cascade). Not at all wimpy. The taste gives a very nice sweet malt flavor. Not burnt, but toasted, followed by a sweet caramel/toffee flavor. Really good for a lager: top notch for style. The feel is not watery at all; in fact it’ gives the consistency of a slightly creamy ale. It’s a very good lager; perfect combo of thirst-quenching but not thin or watery.

obxdude10 (2378) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 15, 2001