overall
RATINGS: 792   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A hop lover’s delight! In the India pale ale tradition, this brew is very hoppy in both aroma and flavor from the generous amounts of Cascade hops used in brewing. Look for a medium to full body and golden straw color.

mribm (462) - Ocala, Florida, USA - NOV 6, 2003
Bottle. Very nice example of an IPA. While this isn't the hoppiest IPA I've ever had, this is one of the most drinkable session beers I have experienced. It was very well balanced, for an IPA. I was trying to get over the delicious Saranac Caramel Porter and was having trouble, until I tasted this. This is a very nice offering from Saranac. I will definitely try this again! What is up with the low scores for this beer?

Beer Guy99 (251) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 7, 2005
This one is a mainstay in my fridge. Can’t beat the flavor to price ratio with any other pale ale. Outstanding hops aroma and flavor backed up by a nice malty body. This is what I expect from an American IPA...at half the price of Sierra Nevada and I think it’s better. For those who say they can’t taste the hops, I think you must be smokers and you’ve tainted your taste buds. Lay off the Marlboros for a year or so and try this beer when your taste buds have healed. Color is staw gold with red shades hiding in the center. Very nice effort from a great brewery in upstate NY.

wrecktem (37) - USA - JUN 14, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2005 Like some others, I also wasn’t expecting much with this brew but I found myself very pleasantly surprised. Hop-heavy and bitter, but very refreshing and light on the palate. Thirst-quenching as well, something not easily said of many brews.

mike_77 (6876) - Breda, NETHERLANDS - AUG 27, 2007
Clear golden brown colour. Aroma is of fresh hops. Light fruity flavours mix well with the fresh hops. A dry, bitter finish completes the beer well.

milhouse99 (8) - Rochester, New York, USA - OCT 10, 2001 does not count
One of the better main stream pales out there. good beer...............

obxdude10 (2358) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 15, 2001
..................................................

wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUN 26, 2003
Floral and aromatic bouquet. Exactly what I expect in an IPA. Nice color too. Golden. Hoppy all of the way through. Little bit of malt mixed with strong hop bitterness that finishes with a citrous, pine, and grass flavor. Finally, an IPA that uses Cascade hops responsibly. Great beer.

mkobes (2142) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - OCT 9, 2003
This IPA tasted very good but it is made with cascade hops. I am not a fan of cascade hops. It has a nice golden color. There was no problem with it other than it is brewed with cascades.

MattShizzle (616) - Bernville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 18, 2005
A pretty good IPA. Should be a bit stronger and hoppier, but still fits the style. Can’t complain for the price!

Cakes (445) - New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 16, 2009
12 ounce bottle. Outstanding offering. Clear and gold with a small head. Mild citrus, floral and pine flavors