overall
RATINGS: 10   MEAN: 3.41/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   ABV: -
Don’t let the color fool you.This is a very smooth beer for a stout.I have converted quite a few ale and lager drinkers over to the "dark side" with this stout.I have not seen this beer outside of the west coast states,and even then it was hard to find there.If you see this beer I highly recommend you give it a try.

Most RecentTicked By

philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 11, 2010
Saxer Brewing Company--Three Finger Jack Stout--1998 12 oz. Bottle. 6.00% ABV.

RSRIZZO (1986) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 3, 2007
Had this beer on 6/24/2000. Aroma is a nutty roasted scent. Color is deep black with light carbonation and head. Taste light, roasted and creamy. Starting with a full medium body it goes down with a creamy feel. Finish is kind if sweet with a dry hop flavor on the end. It is a bit sweet but still has a nice roasted flavor and is a good drinking brew.

kp (10882) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Name: Three Finger Jack Stout
Date: 07/21/1996
Mode: Bottle
Source: Chevy Chase, DC

black, scant head, sweet chocolate malt aroma, light body with good roasted flavor, dry finish

Aroma: 6/10; Appearance: 3/10; Flavor: 3/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 7/20
Rating: 2.1/5.0
Score: *+/4
-------- /> The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

Aurelius (5335) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 27, 2005
A great prune and chewing tobacco aroma. Dark, clear, not a whole lot of head, functional label. Moderately sweet and a little smokey, some cocoa, not overly complex but very smooth clean drinking. Lightly bittered. Loses carbonation rapidly with a medium mouth. Quick, lightly roasted finish. Needs some palate work and it’d be a fine beer.

RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - MAY 11, 2004
Pours an almost opaque brown with a decent head. Tastes of coffee and chocolate, but not overly bitter for a stout. Rich without being overwhelmingly so. Smooth. Very good stout.

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - DEC 29, 2003
Not as cool as the name, but a decent stout. Obtained in Seattle, I have never seen it anywhere else. I'm sure that it's in Portland though.

bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - FEB 9, 2003
Dark brown with a nice tan head, aroma of roasted malt. taste of roasted malt with hints of coffee and chocolate, not as roasty as I like my stouts to be and very thin which keeps this from being a good stout.

Crit (3996) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 5, 2002
Fast fading brown head.Roasted aroma and flavor with long roasted finish. Too thin

Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - SEP 1, 2002
really coffee on the finish, really thin bodied though which upsets me, when I see the word "stout" on a bottle I want something I can sink my teeth into, nevertheless solid and you gotta respect a lagered stout

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - OCT 14, 2000
A top 5 stout on my master list. Roasty and toasty, but yet smooth and dry. Decent hop bite, with a great balance of grains and hops. A must try, it is hard to find at times.