RATINGS: 241   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.64/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own. Schaefer has been brewed in America since 1842, making it one of America’s oldest.

RiverShark's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
RiverShark (28) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 9, 2007
This beer is a dime a dozen. If your an old timer who doesn’t want to try new beers, than this one is for you. My grandfather used to drink it, I however will not.

kramer (6905) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 1, 2017
Can. Pretty well going to just copy and paste my rate for Schaefer Light, cause there really isn’t a whole lot of difference. There’s maybe a slightly more offensive corn flavor to the regular version, but more or less, this is the same crappy beer. Light rate: Can. Pours a clear pale straw body with a large fizzy white head from an aggressive pour. The nose is corn and wet grain with zero hop presence. The flavor is pretty watery and inoffensive, with a mercifully short finish. About what you’d expect from an old guard pale lager. I’ve had a lot worse. 3/5/5/3/10

irishfist18 (16) - - SEP 6, 2017
A great classic lager.brewed perfectly to style and enjoyable.pabst has done a great job with this one.tastes very much like the original

REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 3, 2016
Not good. Was watery and generally water like. Left me wanting more. El cheapo cerveza. Seems to only be in 40 oz bottles where I'm from. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Kleg (405) - The Beach, Florida, USA - NOV 13, 2015
Simply the best. Liquid nostalgia. Clear pale yellow pour with a white head and decent retention. Very good lacing. Clean, crisp, sweet light lager taste. Super refreshing.

BeerRenter76 (1037) - Texas, USA - NOV 4, 2015
Originally rated on 2/6/08- I have family members who bring this stuff to gatherings and i have to say i am glad they wasted thier money instead of mine. This beer is not something you want to drink.

tillmac62 (759) - Gaffney, South Carolina, USA - SEP 24, 2015
One of the better variants of the style. Nothing offensive, nothing great either. Just a very well priced adjunct lager designed for mass consumption. If the Coneheads drank beer, this one would be it.

1.2
gripweed57 (2871) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - MAY 9, 2015
12 ounce can. Can says brewed by the F&M Schaefer Brewing Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Pale gold color. Big creamy white head. Faint grainy malt nose is barely negligible. Thin watery grainy malt flavor(?). Notes of hay and lemon peel. Pale and sickly, as old American lagers go. Had to revisit this old friend from my youth. Meh! Stay away.

1.4
Eurlager (28) - New York, USA - MAY 3, 2015
From a can, poured into a glass. Aroma is kind of repulsive, it smells like something chemical or medicinal, combined with corn adjuncts. Taste: A little too sweet, and again, you can taste something sour and medicinal, combined with corn and some hops, also, a little too carbonated.

0.6
rdixon77 (3037) - Georgia, USA - MAR 29, 2015
I don't know why, but I have in my head that this is the worst beer I've ever Drank. I'm sure that's not true, but until I remember one worse...

Travlr (26130) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 22, 2014
My dad knew someone who worked at the brewery, and when I was a teenager, he would throw parties for us and supply his beer, T shirts, and all kinds of party stuff. So I have to give it good marks for "impression" since it shaped my pubescent years. But as an adult I have put away childish things....