RATINGS: 293   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
This all malt, Vienna-style lager is a real crowd pleaser! Roasted malts and imported hops give it a deliciously smooth malt taste backed by a light hop finish. Perfect for any occasion.

larryg (8) - chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 14, 2006 does not count
this is a great lager, among the best ive ever had. smooth & flavorful. a perfect winter beer. i wouldnt drink this with food. its too good to be disguised by food. i drank it from the bottle so i cant eveluate the head but if i could find it by the case id load up! ive only seen it in minnesota so good luck finding it. im not crazy about schell original lager but the specialty recipes are top notch

Obfuscate (599) - Minneapolis, - DEC 24, 2014
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2017 I’m a sucker for Vienna Lagers and session beers in general. Immensely drinkable I could drink these all night long. Nice lighter toasted malt, caramel, nice dryness on the back makes you want to drink more. This beer would go great with spicy food. I can see why this beer has won awards for the style. Edit: bumping the rating up. Perfect beer to have while grilling Brats, burgers and eating various potato salads.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 9, 2002
Duff man sya's ohhhhhhh yah wisconsin might think they have it all in there brewery's but minnesota has the best beer coming out of theres.this one has flavor good body light after taste damn good try it and you'll be saying too.

austinpowers (2831) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 8, 2003
Very tasty!!! This beer re-confirms why I love Viennas so darn much! The malt is deliciously assertive - with a honeyish sweetness that's to die for. In addition, the hops aren't forgotten, but they're in the background. Just enough to properly augment things, but they disappear quickly and don't linger. My lone complaint is the inability to get a head out of it! Otherwise, bravo.

butrain (14) - USA - NOV 1, 2002
The first beer I have ever opened, sipped for the first time, and exclaimed, "Wow!" Tastes like a very light guinness.

aetheon (106) - The Gutter, Minnesota, USA - JAN 19, 2009
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2009 nice dark amber color, medium full bodied, smooth malt forward. I love the balance of this beer, heavy on toasted malts with enough hops to bring it all together. my favorite Schell beer.

lostrealities (10) - Shakopee, Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2013
I have enjoyed this brew ever since my stay at the Holiday Inn in New Ulm, MN. Whenever I find this available, I always buy. Let my ratings speak for my lack of description.