overall
RATINGS: 316   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Exploding with hop flavor and aroma, this citrus/piney/floral ale has enough of a malt backbone to stand up to the intense bitterness.

fatsam (6) - USA - JUN 3, 2012 does not count
Unbelievable beer. Beautiful clear amber color, aroma is like standing in a cascade hopfield. Taste and palate are off the chart. St Louis Beer Co created a masterpiece with this one.

laurenlm (6) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 24, 2017 does not count
This beer is amazing! I got so many different delicious hoppy flavors from this one, mostly citrus and fruitiness, but also hints of pine a little herbal flavor.

Cuff_Links (40) - - AUG 3, 2012
This is a very nice IPA. I get more citrus and floral from the nose than pine. But then the taste is a nice combo of citrus and pine. Not too much of either. Very smooth finish. I will buy again.

aej9374 (12) - Derby, Kansas, USA - MAY 11, 2012
Perfect IPA in my book. One of the few beers that I take a sip of and say "wow, thats just right". Great dry hop taste. Very smooth. Lots of grapefruit and pine but very smooth. This is what I think of when it is 90+ degrees and I want a nice hoppy beer.

hunter112 (67) - Nanuet, New York, USA - JUN 5, 2010
Lucky to have gotten this when my lady went to Nashville, TN, and brought this back for me. Superb floral/citrus hop aroma and flavor, and one of the most extremely well balanced IPA’s I’ve ever had in my life. This is top quality, do whatever you need to do to try some.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUN 23, 2010
Very hoppy first initial taste. Finishes very strong and bitter. Excellent flavors and blends. It’s complex and very satisfying beer for anyone looking for a beer that doesn’t disappoint. Best Schlafly I’ve ever had.

nathan30533 (1020) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - MAR 10, 2015
This is a great IPA. Beer pours a wonderful hazy golden yellow color with a nice white forming head. Great lacing. The beer is tasty. Fruity citrus coupled with a wonderful fresh hop character. A very enjoyable IPA that should be taken down with a friend or two.

mcrae19 (59) - - FEB 10, 2013
12 oz. bottle. Served in a pint glass. Pours a light amber/golden honey color with a thin, white head. Very present citrus aromas. Pine. Finish is heavy on grapefruit and pine. One of my favorite IPA’s.

MetalNHopHead (2059) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - AUG 31, 2015
I love a palate-eroding blast of resin as much as the next hophead, but sometimes I want an IPA that makes me marvel at its smoothness and complexity. Enter American IPA. It’s no slouch with bitterness at 65 IBU and you’ll definitely notice the dank grass and wet pine notes from the American hops. You’ll also notice how skillfully the caramel malt platform tames the citrus tones into juiciness and accents the floral character. Here’s to hoping I come across Schlafly Tasmanian IPA. Soon.

MrBunn (2841) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 23, 2010
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2010 Bottle. Pours a lovely orange with a whitish head that sticks dies down, but leaves a film on the surface that doesn’t go away. Aromas are decent, but kind of weak... lots of sweet malt (honey, dough and caramel), but flavor is glorious. Sweet malts up front give way to a wonderful hops medley of pine, citrus and that tropical fruit. This is the best IPA I have had in quite some time...