overall
RATINGS: 278   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Pours black and is an amped-up version of a traditional dry stout. The addition of both roasted barley and dark crystal malted barley give Extra Stout undertones of chocolate, molasses and dried fruit.

NAPORT89 (9) - Alabama, USA - JAN 29, 2016 does not count
The first beers I have given a perfect score on on here. I could drink this all day. Not only do I love stouts, I also love dry beers. And this is both. I love the subtle hints of chocolate, coffee and carmel. This would make a great year around beer.

Gabemik (46) - Joplin, Missouri, USA - APR 8, 2007
Pours a deep charcoal color with a dark tan hea that is thick and stays with the beer as you drink it. The aroma is roasted malt & chocolate. Mouthfeel is thick and slightly chewy, not syrupy. The taste is exactly what you would expect from an extra stout, coffee, chocolate and roastd malt flavors swirl around the tounge. It’s everything I want from an exra stout.

dlovell2 (2283) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - MAR 22, 2011
On Tap at Frisco Grille. Very dark brown with tan head. Roasted malt and Chocolate Aromas. Creamy feel in mouth. Roasted malt flavors with chocolate and vanilla bean notes. Very good beer.

JDBaker11058 (2350) - Maryland, USA - NOV 1, 2011
Appearance: jet black, short off-white head with good staying power, some syrupy legs. Aroma: rich hot chocolate, coffee, molasses, and hot summer blacktop. Taste: malty, with chocolate, toasted brown bread, coffee, molasses, warm milk, hint of licorice, and a smooth, earthy hop note. Finish: rich, sweet, earthy, and a little bitter, with lingering syrupy mouthfeel . Notes: This is one of those rare beers that I found myself thinking of days after trying it. Rich, complex, balanced, flavorful. Absolutely stellar. Palate was very thick and smooth, yet the alcohol remained extremely well-hidden. Would absolutel drink again. And again.