overall
RATINGS: 446   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
This collaboration with Kaldi’s Coffee uses the cold toddy method of extraction for the coffee. We mix it with Oatmeal Stout for an exceptionally delicious beer.

DocLock (11048) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2005
Thanks to Beerhandy for this. Pours deep brown with medium tan head. Aroma of malt, huge coffee, jalapeno oil. Tastes malty, very oatish, coffeeish, with some chocolate and hops at the finish. More chocolate syrup as it finishes, with tons of coffee all the way down. This one reminded me of Bell’s Kalamazoo and Founder’s Breakfast Stout, although it wasn’t as complex or refined. Still, this one surprised me, and I loved every sip of it. Jeeves, get me another, my good sir!

kp (10880) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Date: 02/25/2006
Mode: Bottle
Source: Tasting

blind tasting dark ruby, whispy head, big ashy aroma, sweet roasted malt flavor, touch of chocolate,

Aroma: 4/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 6/10; Palate: 8/10; Overall: 10/20
Rating: 2.7/5.0
Drinkability: 6/10

alexsdad06 (10821) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - JUL 9, 2014
12 oz bottle from backlog notes. Pours dark brown in color with a small khaki colored head. The aroma and flavor have roasted malt, nice black coffee, decent bitterness, dark chocolate, very mild caramel, with an earthy finish. My only complaint is that the body is thin for a stout.

cubs (10717) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JAN 11, 2013
Tap @ Schlafly St. Louis. Pours a brown appearance with a tan head. Roasty coffee, nice toffee, vanilla, enticing aroma. Dark fruity, plum, caramel coffee, a touch syrupy flavor. I’m a bit mixed but I think I like it.

phaleslu (10673) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 15, 2009
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2015 Draft at Over/Under in St. Louis. Pours a very dark brown color with a small, creamy tan head. Aroma and flavor are dominated by coffee, with notes of roasted malts, chocolate, brown sugar, vanilla, and toast. Rich and smooth, and light-medium bodied. Roast coffee aftertaste. Sure to please coffee drinkers, and a nice coffee stout overall. Re-Rate: Had some of my wife’s draft at Ei8ht Ball. This is a nice coffee stout. Smells great, drinks really easy.

DuffMan (10667) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 7, 2012
on tap @ Radio Maria. Deep copper brown, thin beige head. Rich coffee and roast aroma, hints of ash. Nice, natural rich coffee and roast flavours with underlying cocoa. Dry finish. Tasty.

olio (10552) - Tampere, FINLAND - MAR 9, 2013
355 ml bottle.
Originally rated on 20100219.
Pours black color with a small off-white head. Aroma of coffee, dark roasted malts, cocoa and some chocolate. Flavor of licorice, coffee notes, cocoa and caramel malts. Very nice and roasty.

sebletitje (10293) - Enghien, BELGIUM - JAN 23, 2009
courtesy of sirpsycho. Pours deep ruby brown with brown head. Aroma of torrefied coffee, light mocha and malts. Taste roasted malts, light coffee with a light bitter finish. The overall taste does as some have mentioned remind me of some stale weak coffee. I got the mouthfeel of the next morning coffee that sat in a cup all night. Not bad, drinkable, but a little too light.

MartinT (10036) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 29, 2013
My Bottom Line:
Roasted coffee beans and their charred edges are surrounded by tiramisu sweetness and chocolate in this agreeable Coffee Stout.

Further Personal Perceptions:
-A slice of foam sits atop the darkness.
-The finish is also a touch acidic.
-Carbonation is a bit too prickly for my liking in this type of dessert-like flavor profile.
-This is not trying to reinvent the style. It’s just doing a good job, and that’s fine with me when I’m in the mood for coffee flavors in beer.

Bottle.

GT (10017) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 24, 2011
Tap at Paradiso Georgetown. The pour is a nice, deep ruby with a healthy mocha head. Semi sheety lace. Aroma is light hotel coffee but fairly muted. Taste is hotel coffee, very one-dimensional. Watery palate. Nothing offensive here but just super weak sauce at 5.7% for stout. At least it’s not sugar sweet or syrupy. Pretty neutral and inoffensive.