overall
RATINGS: 466   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47/5   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
This rich, full-bodied Stout has sweetness from caramel malt, bitterness from roasted barley and smoothness from flaked oats. Available on draft and in bottles.

OKplus (787) - Oklahoma, USA - JAN 18, 2014
14oz on tap at St Loius Shlafly Bar and Grill at the airport. A - Dark brown body with 1 finger of tan head. Solid patterns of lacing. S - Roasted malts, dusting of cocoa powder, hints of coffee. T - Chocolate grains, dark roasted malty bitterness, dark bread crust, coffee bitterness on the finish. M - Moderate stingy carbonation, light bodied. Nice roast character with cocolate bitterness. Moderate stingy carbonation takes away from some of the smoothness I was hoping for. All in all good, but not great. Serving type: on-tap 07-24-2013

CharmCityCrab (244) - Maryland, USA - JAN 10, 2014
They really threw the kitchen sink into this one- to the point where I am having to do some serious swishing to be able to identify individual flavors because it is so intense. Definitely your typical stout malts and some roasted malts, plus notes of coffee, chocolate, raisins, and, of course, oatmeal. Got this in a mix sixer, but I think I may have yo look into availability and pricing for full 6 or 12 packs of this in my area. Best stout I’ve had in a while.

Shag (3036) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - JAN 3, 2014
A dark brown to black color with a beige head. The aroma contains mostly chocolate and coffee. The flavor is more bitter than sweet with a lot of coffee showing up. Some oats and chocolate in there also. The finish is also slightly bitter. Overall a nice session stout.

fluffy (2472) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2014
aroma is slightly of cooked eggs, but not in a bad way honestly. its a bit fizzy, but otherwise it tastes pretty middle of the road stout. easily redrinkable. sure, its decent.

beerme31 (692) - Holly Springs, North Carolina, USA - JAN 2, 2014
Bottle. Pours black thin tan lacing. Fairly mild aroma for the style, roasted, coffee, oatmeal. Medium sweet taste. Medium-full body, texture on the creamy side, mild bitter roasty finish. Overall good stout.

EyeAmBaldman (461) - Illinois, USA - DEC 15, 2013
Ok, I’m new to the oatmeal stout, and this one popped my proverbial cherry. Pours dark brown wit a ran head. Creamy mouth feel. Tastes of coffee, roasted malt, and a bit of chocolate. Not a bad start for me, I think. I’ve not had good luck with Schlafly but I’ll try more now.

jflopsu (1702) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - DEC 7, 2013
Pours a dark black with light brown head. Has a strong coffee aroma. Taste is very strong of coffee and chocolate with a slight lingering aftertaste.

ilovedarkbeer (2748) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 2, 2013
Pours a black brown color with a small tope head. Notes of chocolate, coffee, caramel, roasted malt, and oatmeal. Creamy mouthfeel. Not bad.

kaserk (55) - wdm, Iowa, USA - NOV 29, 2013
Drank this at OLearys in the STL with the fam. This made me say Yay. With my mouth. Good!

Funkatrocious (119) - - NOV 29, 2013
Drank at O'learys in STL. Poured dark with light brown head. Slightly burnt taste with a clean finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone