overall
RATINGS: 469   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47/5   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
This rich, full-bodied Stout has sweetness from caramel malt, bitterness from roasted barley and smoothness from flaked oats. Available on draft and in bottles.

Master99 (8) - USA - JUN 3, 2001 does not count
Great!!! plan on having more than one.

MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 13, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 7, 2003 Rich dark black color, creamy tan head, chocalate and burnt coffee aroma. Dark roasted malty flavor, nice bitter hop finish, I can't stop at just one. A great oatmeal stout, better on draught than the bottled.

MrRain00 (37) - Columbus, Indiana, USA - DEC 23, 2001
Umm, Umm! I love the Saint Louis Brewery and this is my favorite of theirs. Schlafly Oatmeal is the downfall of lunchtime beer drinkers all over the AG Edwards & Union Station area.

JOHO69 (2) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - DEC 22, 2003 does not count
Homer like this beer..no beer no get off work early make Joho go something..something

darkstar (69) - Eureka, Missouri, USA - NOV 14, 2004
On tap at Growler’s pub on Lindbergh. Just a great, great beer IMHO. Smoky molasses taste. I had this side by side with Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout and it more than held its own. For anyone that is a fan of Sweet stouts - you have to try this one.

JimVanGumby (12) - Cottleville, Missouri, USA - APR 7, 2009
This is one of my "must have on hand" bottles. The aroma and flavor is appetizing. Schlafly serves this at its perfect temperature. It’s best to go to the taproom or the bottleworks to find it tapped. Highly recommend. A favorite!

kdern (15) - USA - AUG 5, 2010
Fantastic dark beer. Lighter than Guiness. Highly recommended. Avail at Schlafly Bottleworks.

brettsbarley (2) - murray, Kentucky, USA - MAR 6, 2003 does not count
This beer is awsome. I am lucky eneuogh to live in St. Louis where it is brewed and i can get it right off the tap. If you like Schlafly oatmeal stout try their other reasonably priced beers. If you ever get the chance try the esb or the real ale on tap. Now thats good stuff.

iguanatom (24) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - APR 2, 2003
This was a wonderful oatmeal stout! I had to make sure I had the right bottle next to the glass I was drinking. The ruby - brown hue is beautiful, but I would like to have seen more of a cascading head build. I has a very smooth taste going down leaving a slightly bitter (but still enjoyable) aftermath. I think I will have to try this next to a Sam Smith to see which I like better. This is a must for anybody who likes oatmeals or any dark thick beers. Thank you very much in return JMerritt.