RATINGS: 182   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.63/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Experience Timeless Taste. Brewed in the USA since 1849, Schlitz defines timeless taste. Crisp and light with a faint sweetness, the beer that made Milwaukee famous is finished with a prime blend of Cascade, Mt. Hood and Williamette hops. This refreshing icon is for those who appreciate heritage and premium craftsmanship.

felsenpils' rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
felsenpils (178) - Sacramento, California, USA - JUL 16, 2009
It tastes like Schlitz. Wow, what a surprise! A good American lager, no noticeable flaws. The only thing is that I cannot see, smell or taste anything different about this Schlitz. But whatever, it´s a good beer for a hot summer afternoon.

Dufus (6) - - MAY 3, 2017 does not count
This is a great light lager, especially for Summer, and compares favorably even to some IPA’s. Refreshing,flinty hop taste at outset, smooth, with nice carbonation and touch of sweetness at end. I began drinking this beer in 1965 and this resurrected formula is as good or better , and thankfully not the interim mistake in recipe they later made.

Atom (2482) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2017
Pint can pours a pale golden with a large white head. Aroma of caramel grain malt and light generic hops. Sweet and soapy caramel malt with some garbage juice on the finish. The last time I had this I remember thinking it might have been the worst beer I’d ever had, well I had a lot of bad beers since then, so not the worst anymore. It’s a little worse than boring and bland. What’s made Milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me.

MrTipple (5288) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2016
Grain and cereal malts. Clear gold, small, frothy, white head. Light bitter. Grain and cereal malts, lively carbonation. Boring Lager. Keg at The Old Fashioned, Madison, WI.

REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 10, 2016
Was pretty good. Nose was hints of grain and corn. I wanted to rate this higher, but for an AAL it should suffice.

DW78715816 (119) - Kansas, USA - NOV 22, 2015
One of the best of its style. It always astounds me when people write these like they're supposed to be Hoppy, malty etc. and they complain about the corn sweetness. This is American adjunct lager And as such for that style this is one of the best. superior to Bud, Coors, or Highlife in my opinion. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Vestlake (279) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - JUL 19, 2015
16 ounce can bought in Chattanooga, TN. Nice color, big white head. Nice flavorful AAL. Can’t get this where I live, but I would buy it if I could.

BeerInHeaven (454) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 12, 2015
Pours a clear straw yellow with a decent frothy white head. Aroma is malt, grass, and a little skunk. Taste is crisp but not too watery. I actually detect a slight hop presence. Good carbonation and lively mouth feel. Not too sweet on the finish. This is what I remember sampling from my dad as a kid. A classic!

Eurlager (28) - New York, USA - MAY 3, 2015
It’s hilarious how this beer is owned by Pabst and it beats the crap out of PBR, in so many ways. PBR is pathetic compared to Schlitz Gusto.

Drake (13939) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 25, 2015
New England Bucket List Trip Beer #124. Keg at Prohibition Pig Restaurant. Clear golden with a large foamy white head. Decent head retention. Aroma of grainy malt, grassy hops. The taste is corn, grainy malt, mild floral hops. Thin bodied.

SHIG (4962) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - DEC 31, 2014
Can: Blew the fuck up, golden with white lacing head after I cleaned up my floors. Aroma is grassy and grain. Taste is grass, grain and very wet.