RATINGS: 184   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.63/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Experience Timeless Taste. Brewed in the USA since 1849, Schlitz defines timeless taste. Crisp and light with a faint sweetness, the beer that made Milwaukee famous is finished with a prime blend of Cascade, Mt. Hood and Williamette hops. This refreshing icon is for those who appreciate heritage and premium craftsmanship.

jcos' rating

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
jcos (1855) - Maryland, USA - OCT 18, 2012
Tall boy on October 17th, 2012. Tolerable pale lager, can’t understand why you’d just want "a kiss of the hops" in a beer. If this is the second best selling beer of the 1960’s, I’m glad I wasn’t alive then.

Bill Becker (1773) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 17, 2017
From my notes of July 18, 2008 before Schlitz 60s formula was entered. This is the newly reformated 60s formula in a bottle and I got some in trade with Lofgrep. Thanks Peter! Well, it pours pretty much the same in appearance except that I notice the head of foam is a good 2 finger with this one and the head retention is very good. The nose has a similar maltiness to it but I'm also getting a decent amount of hop bitterness and that's a good thing. Tastewise, The hops play a good role in the flavour as well as the nose. Sure, the malt is up front with some corny tones and some sweetish tones but dag nab it, then some nice hop bitterness moves in and it dominates the finish. Good aftertaste from those hops as well. A much better product than the cans that they have been putting out all these years and something that I could easily revisit. Darn drinkable and darn tasty. I like.

Scipio (1213) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - SEP 9, 2017
Pours a clear, thin yellow with an average white head. The aroma is practically neutral. All that I get is a slight graininess. It has a little bitterness to it, and happily more flavor than what the nose was offering. Its floral, with corn, cereal, hay, and honey. It isn't very exciting, but at least its something. However, it isn't all that refreshing. Minimal floral finish. Light in body and thin in texture. This wasn't very good, but at least I wasn't offended.

Dufus (6) - - MAY 3, 2017 does not count
This is a great light lager, especially for Summer, and compares favorably even to some IPA’s. Refreshing,flinty hop taste at outset, smooth, with nice carbonation and touch of sweetness at end. I began drinking this beer in 1965 and this resurrected formula is as good or better , and thankfully not the interim mistake in recipe they later made.

Atom (2572) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2017
Pint can pours a pale golden with a large white head. Aroma of caramel grain malt and light generic hops. Sweet and soapy caramel malt with some garbage juice on the finish. The last time I had this I remember thinking it might have been the worst beer I’d ever had, well I had a lot of bad beers since then, so not the worst anymore. It’s a little worse than boring and bland. What’s made Milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me.

MrTipple (6446) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2016
Grain and cereal malts. Clear gold, small, frothy, white head. Light bitter. Grain and cereal malts, lively carbonation. Boring Lager. Keg at The Old Fashioned, Madison, WI.

REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 10, 2016
Was pretty good. Nose was hints of grain and corn. I wanted to rate this higher, but for an AAL it should suffice.

DW78715816 (161) - Kansas, USA - NOV 22, 2015
One of the best of its style. It always astounds me when people write these like they're supposed to be Hoppy, malty etc. and they complain about the corn sweetness. This is American adjunct lager And as such for that style this is one of the best. superior to Bud, Coors, or Highlife in my opinion. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Vestlake (279) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - JUL 19, 2015
16 ounce can bought in Chattanooga, TN. Nice color, big white head. Nice flavorful AAL. Can’t get this where I live, but I would buy it if I could.

BeerInHeaven (479) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 12, 2015
Pours a clear straw yellow with a decent frothy white head. Aroma is malt, grass, and a little skunk. Taste is crisp but not too watery. I actually detect a slight hop presence. Good carbonation and lively mouth feel. Not too sweet on the finish. This is what I remember sampling from my dad as a kid. A classic!

Eurlager (28) - New York, USA - MAY 3, 2015
It’s hilarious how this beer is owned by Pabst and it beats the crap out of PBR, in so many ways. PBR is pathetic compared to Schlitz Gusto.