RATINGS: 355   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

sbaz040's rating

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
sbaz040 (38) - phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUN 14, 2006
Basic malt liquer. Tasts like the rest ............................................

gripweed57 (2464) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JUL 17, 2017
From old tasting notes. Bright honey gold color. Creamy white head. Pungent, vinous malty aroma. Flavor is initially bittersweet but fades quickly to become bland and listless. Light sour aftertaste.

wlajwl (6817) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - APR 20, 2017
Aroma and flavor is grainy/malts, apples and a sweet/somewhat alcoholic finish.

PilsnerMeister19 (1) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 1, 2017 does not count
If your drinking this beer because you like the way it smells or taste. Give me a break. I love the bull. It’s not for the weak or people who like yuppie beer. It’s for grown folks who can handle a good stiff beer. All y’all cry baby’s go drink some coors lite

uvajed (187) - Ravenna, Ohio, USA - SEP 13, 2016
Only tried it because the grocery store I stopped at specifically to buy the regular/classic "1960’s" Schlitz apparently no longer stocks that delicious old-man beer. Ugliest, most randomly jumbled can design I’ve bought in a while. My decidedly-low expectations are exceeded, slightly; no overwhelming corn sweetness or off metallic flavor that is so typical of most malt liquors. The taste is actually very plain and more like a regular, bargain-price American macro lager. The sweetness predominates but mainly because there is little else going on. Not as good as Genny Cream Ale (which I admit I like), and priced more like PBR, so I doubt I’ll pick up another 6’er any time soon, but perfectly drinkable. Nothing to look at, nothing interesting in the aroma, yet nothing offensive. Basic 5.9% beer, drink it if you aren’t picky or want to get drunk.

TBone (17589) - Pori, FINLAND - MAR 2, 2016
Can (from Miami). Pale yellow color, small white head. Aroma of light green apple and alcohol. Light-bodied, watery palate. Soft flavor has some corn and green apple. Watery, simple, sweetish.

crossovert (12959) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2016
UPDATED: JUN 2, 2017 473ml can. Pours a light, clear gold with a foamy white head. Doesn’t dissipate nearly as quickly as some. Aroma is corny and a touch sour. Hint of sweetness and alcohol nuttiness. Flavor is alcoholic and dry, some metal, sugar, corn. Not a favorite malt though it is smooth. Blind tasted with a slightly older red, this was more acetoney and cheap tasting smelling.

0.8
Worsenma (74) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - JUL 12, 2015
It is what it is. Really pretty foul. Only time I ever drank this was in college when a cheap buzz was the final objective. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jhliesen (832) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 28, 2015
Bottle-At least it was too bad. A fizzy white head sat on a pale yellow brew. The aroma was slightly skunky that was mostly of corn and malt. Some corn and dough (not malt) in taste. Pretty much a no nothing finish. I tend to like malt, so maybe that help to improve my rating. Produce place 1.99

ffbot (420) - Oakland, California, USA - APR 13, 2015
Poured this out into a shaker, poured the incorrect way because "fuck it". The little head quickly fades and leaves no lacing. Taste is sweet, oily, and crisp (I will admit). The aroma is mostly nonexistent, kind of oily too if that’s possible. I was reminded of Magnum malt liquor with the experience overall, but Magnum was better. This being 6% you don’t taste the alcohol, which is one thing over some of those other malt’s.

40ozkid (2) - New York, USA - JAN 7, 2015 does not count
Sipping this from a 40 oz right now. Im a Malt Liquor guy so my ratings will be higher than most of these, as I assume most people on here are the craft beer type which I am not (besides pumpkin ales in the fall). This is one of the few malt liquors that have an actual regular "beer" taste. pretty average, swills nice, average ML strength, The Bull on the label is kick ass, that’s what im rating appearance on as the bottle is brown I cant see the beer, If your looking to just have a couple beers and catch a little buzz there are worse beers out there,