RATINGS: 563   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own. The old time Schlitz purchased from Stroh’s which was purchased from Joseph Schlitz. Different than Schlitz Malt Liquor.

There is also a listing for "Schlitz Classic 1960s Formula". Please note version, and rate in the appropriate entry.

rkn65 (106) - st. clair shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 7, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2008 Back to the original formula. More hoppy and a nice natural head. Good malt flavors for a mass produced. Beats the crap out of Bud and Miller.

SchlitzMan99 (1) - Massachusetts, USA - SEP 9, 2002 does not count
Schlitz is the greatest beer ever. Everything else is for wimps.

charlietown (1) - Charleston, South Carolina, USA - FEB 5, 2003 does not count
This is one of the best American beers I have ever tasted. You bloody yanks finally got one right.... Bout time you bloody wankers!

virago8 (1) - USA - APR 30, 2006 does not count
Schlitz is the original "less filling" beer. Flavor is excellent, appearance is excellent, and overall it is an excellent beer for a small price. I’d love to see it become a prominent choice once again. My friends suffer from "snobbish" choices in beer and they are always surprised when I serve them Schlitz. I serve it in a glass and make them guess what brand it is. No one has ever guessed Schlitz and it surprises them to find that Schlitz is such an interesting beer. "Real gusto in the great light beer - Schlitz!"

Schlitzfan31 (4) - trenton, New Jersey, USA - JUN 16, 2008 does not count
Schlitz is by far the best beer I have ever had. I will never forget my first Schlitz. The moment it caressed my virgin lips, I knew I would never be the same...no, i was a changed man. I cant describe the chills I get just from popping the can open; or the pleasure I get from that first sip of Schlitz on a given night. I have found my reason for being, and his name is Schlitz.

burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 27, 2003
long live schlitz! that's really all i have to say about this wonderful beer, but i'm required to have 75 characters...

pkbites (947) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 10, 2002
Smells like warm bread, and flavor smacks of caramel! The best cheap beer in America!

bondzai (1) - Lenexa, Kansas, USA - MAY 26, 2006 does not count
mmm well, with not much out there we need a good cheap beer. I was happy to find an alternative to Bud. I like to spend maybe 50 cents a bier. Schlitz has been good I don’t know what has happened sinc it is now brewed by Miller

dug_nichols (1) - Another Blank, Virginia, USA - MAY 28, 2016 does not count
This is the rebound of an ancient 60’s Classic. Gone is the ABM method that tanked this monolithic brew in the 80’s and 90’s. This brand has been re-re-born promising to echo yesterday-years greatness by embracing those Druidic incantations and magical utterances used prior to the greedy catastrophe. Not found in Virginia - yet - but soon...soon...soon

iloveschlitz (5) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 7, 2005 does not count
This is the best beer I have ever had. The only reason I don’t give the highest rating in every category is because I want to leave the possibility that there is always something better. But I have not found it yet. I started drinking Schlitz in college because it was cheap and it was kind of a fraternity joke where many of us started drinking this cheap beer. But I continue to drink it regularly to this day. Sure I drink other beers when at parties or bars where Schlitz is not available. But I will take a Schlitz over anything. Schlitz seems to be something of a conversational starter to because strangers will approach me when noticing I am drinking this "weird" beer.