overall
Brewed by Brauerei Schlösser (Oetker Group)
Style: Altbier
Düsseldorf, Germany

RATINGS: 332   WEIGHTED AVG: 3/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

christof99 (1) - GERMANY - JUL 18, 2002 does not count
One of the best beer in the world :-).......................................

velcro99 (1) - NETHERLANDS - JUL 18, 2002 does not count
The best falling down juice ever invented. Drink it in the altstadt in Dusseldorf to get the correct effect. For the absolute correct effect, Knoten after NFL Europe games.

Bacches99 (1) - NETHERLANDS - JUL 22, 2002 does not count
Best beer in the world.............................................

Mulders (11) - USA - AUG 15, 2010
This copper-tinted Altbier was a revelation to me during my first trip to Düsseldorf where I enjoyed it on a terrace near the river on a hot summer day. I doubt I have ever enjoyed a beer more than on that occasion, and my rating is based on that experience. Later I had it served to me lukewarm and somewhat flat in Leipzig, and while it still had a good taste I decided that I should only drink this beer while being in Düsseldorf, which is for the best since sadly I have not been able to find this particular brand at home and had to do with lesser Altbier brands.

Nekronos (4213) - Xalapa, MEXICO - JAN 3, 2006
Very alcoholic, I could not finish it, I was veyr drunk by then. But the flavor was very good, like toasted grains. Nicefoam.

lagerlovr (2) - Wiltshire, ENGLAND - SEP 7, 2011 does not count
Classic Altbier, full body dark and hoppy. Very good value especially in Düsseldorf where I enjoyed several bottles.

Grzesiek79 (4487) - Radom, POLAND - JAN 22, 2012
chocolate, caramel, nuts, spruce, grass, herbs, basement aromas, leaves, raisin, cough drop, woody, amber, cloudy, minimal head, medium sweetness, very bitter, medium sourness, light body, average carbonation, bitter,

hair-old (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2005 Smooooooooooooooooth. Dusseldorfs best alt.DAS ALT. Extinct in Minnesota. Please bring it back.