overall
RATINGS: 875   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Features the nutty quench of a wheat ale combined with the delightful aromatics and subtle flavor contributed by Maine wild blueberries. Seasonal Blueberry Wheat Ale from Maine

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - MAY 16, 2005
Disappearing head, golden body. Aroma of smelly feet and blueberry - artificial and sticky. Blueberry candy flavor, sweet and artificial and not very beerish. No wheat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
skisangelo (60) - Collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAY 15, 2005
It pours a nice clear wheat color. The aroma is as expected, blueberries. The taste starts off very bland, no flavor, but ends with a decent blueberry aftertaste. The more you drink it the more you realize youre drinking a golden colored blueberry muffin... not for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Firemoose15 (567) - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 13, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2005 On draft at a local pub that has many fine crafts I have yet to sample. Strong blueberry aroma really makes you wonder if its a beer. Mild wheat to it that the blueberry masks. Not a bad alternative and Id rate it better than a BMC.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 12, 2005
Ever have one of those blueberry cereal bars? This is seems like Kellogs in a glass with a alcohol added. But it has some redeeming qualities. I enjoy the small bite I get from the aftertaste and its a good beer to have after drinking heavy duty stuff. The aftertaste sticks around for a bit. Usually when I have a good brew, my dog Max comes over to sniff it. This time he moved away from it. He was repelled and so was my wife. Maybe I should have tested this on a sea dog? How such a light beer is a winter one evades me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
lagermonkey (725) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAY 9, 2005
From a 12oz. bottle. This ale is a clear reddish-gold. Head is thin and quickly dissipates. There is no smell save the blueberries. Very one dimensional. Tastes of blueberries of course. Leaves a bittersweet aftertaste. This is similiar to their raspberry wheat ale but the blueberries are tart and offer more bitterness, adding to the complexity of the taste. Medium bodied with a decent aftertaste. A decent ale but I will probably leave the rest for my wife.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
osmg95 (44) - Ohio, USA - MAY 7, 2005
This beer definately has its place: when you cant get your girlfriend/wife to drink beer with you. Ill admit, I enjoyed the first few sips of this beer. Hey, I like blueberries! But what happened to the rest of the beer? Its more watery and thin then my pound and ground Miller Lite! Now, its not terrible at all. A real hot day....sitting by the pool..... and you girlfriend ran out of liquor....give her one of these "wine coolers". Ill finish off my 6 pack and that will be my only experience with this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GirlyBeer (190) - Old Orchard Beach, Maine, USA - APR 23, 2005
This beer starts out with an overwhelming blue berry smell. Its got a good wheat ale color. I find though that this beer reminds me of a blueberry muffin.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
yayforbeer (753) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - APR 15, 2005
Clear pale yellow beer with no head. Fairly strong aroma of blueberries. Flavor is blueberry and bland american wheat ale. Not bad but somewhat of a disappointment, and I wasnt expecting much. Would have been better unfiltered. Drinkable but mediocre.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - APR 10, 2005
A very interesting take on a wheat beer...aroma like blueberry muffins...color nontypical for a wheat(a copper/brown, compared to a usual cloudy yellow). Very full blueberry flavor, but finishes a little light. However a quite enjoyable beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - MAR 19, 2005
Bottle: pours yellow with a small disappearing white head. I smelled the blueberries from a foot away after opening the bottle. I was expecting a purplish drink and was somewhat disappointed it was yellow. The bottle says "blueberry flavor". Wheres the color of blueberries? Aroma of blueberries, taste of blueberries, thin golden ale qualities. If you like blueberries, this is for you. And I must admit I like blueberries.