Brewed by Seven Seas Brewery & Saloon Bar
Style: Pale Lager
Port Vila, Vanuatu

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mkel07 (5503) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - JAN 14, 2016
110116. I found the beer on tap at Lava Lounge in Port Vila when we walked in to look around. I knew the beer was available at the War Horse Saloon where it is brewed but I hadn’t seen it anywhere else around town. The beer is brewed by Seven Seas Brewery which I believe is now owned by Vanuatu Brewing Company. Even in the smallest Pacific island countries big business comes in and takes over the little guy. The beer, being a pale lager, is much what you would expect, pale yellow colour with a soft clean white head, not a lot of aroma and certainly not a lot of flavour. What flavour that was there was malty and bitter. Given the climate and the humidity it is not surprising that pale lagers are the most popular beers in Vanuatu. While not exactly refreshing they are cold and go down easy. This beer is South Seas Brewing take on Corona I imagine as it is served with a wedge of lime and it has some Corona like qualities. It is hard to believe that I once thought that Corona was the be all and end all of beer.