RATINGS: 1838   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

Goodfieldnohit (9) - Canadian, Texas, USA - DEC 28, 2004 does not count
Good as an everyday beer. No big deal though. To me it tastes like Negra Modelo.

empiman (21) - shawnee, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 28, 2004
Decent beer, nothing special. Medium head on a copper liquid. Flavor is sorts neutral and has hints or caramel. Slight bitterness comes through in the aftertaste. Not bad at all.

desurfer (1302) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - DEC 23, 2004
Finally got around to trying this. I’ll say from the start it’s average. Looks nice in the glass, deep caramel color and no head. Not much aroma to speak of. Flavor is decent, some sweetness and soem hoppiness, but overal mainly blandness. I’d take this over a BMC any day but it doesn’t blow your mind or anything.

sdechert (13) - The Colony, Texas, USA - DEC 20, 2004
For a Texas beer, it’s not too bad. It’s certainly not a bock, however. Not sweet enough or strong enough. I had it on tap with a steak, and it went better with beef than most domestics. No head, brown color, low alchohol content, but very drinkable when cast against Bud or Coors.

urbanmm (4) - USA - DEC 19, 2004 does not count
Many years ago, I would have called this one of the best beers I had had. Now, fo ra bock it just doesn’t hold up. Looks dark but drinks (and tastes) much lighter. Still worth a try; but no longer getting the rave reviews.

Jonathan3584 (323) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - DEC 17, 2004
For a bock, this beer is fairly thin. It’s a good flavor, but it needs something -- either more carbonation or just a heavier body. Overall a good beer, especially for the price (assuming it’s domestic to you.)

Frank (4193) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 10, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 26, 2005 Well, thanks to my secret santa I can finally take this off my beer list... I don’t know why, I just have a thing for cheap regionals and this one always had a certain mystique to it. First thing’s first, this isn’t a bock or anything close. Too low in alcohol and without that heavy munich malt sweetness. It’s very brown in color but not really dark with just a small ring of foam on top. Nose is mild with a bit of toasty malt character. Light in flavor but there’s still enough malt depth to keep me somewhat interested. Light bodied with slightly fizzy carbonation but very easy drinking. A slight tart tang in the finish rounds things out. I can see why this would be popular regionally. It’s head and shoulders above BMC swill.

Nexxus (261) - Apple Valley, Minnesota, USA - DEC 8, 2004
Clear medium brownish amber with a medium frothy off white head. Aroma of toast, caramel, herbs, and apricot with a hint of lemon. Medium watery body with lively carbonation. Flavor of toast, caramel, herbs and a hint of spice with a lemon twang in the finish. Very drinkable but nothing special. Not bad.

badgerben (5178) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 4, 2004
Pours a brown color with thin head. Weak malt aroma. The malt tastes very sweet n’ sour... not at all what I’d want from a bock. It’s better than pure swill, but only by a little.

beerandrugby (210) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 3, 2004
Ok beer, nice color, nice that it is not made by a juggernaught brewery poised on world domination like miller, or busch. I just dont like this beer as much as my friends do. The taste is too much like a weird version of newcastle brown, with a mettalic overtone. But like I said, I’ll buy it over something from the big brewers.