RATINGS: 1839   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

Soutie (10) - Glendale, California, USA - OCT 10, 2004
Very nice & smooth bock. Not too bubbly and thicker than I’d imagined. Needed a bit more spice for me, but overall a very easy drink and definitely drinkinable in quantities.

brodie6 (1) - Wonder Lake, Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2004 does not count
This is by far my favorite beer in the world. I just can’t get it anywhere around chicago. It’s killing me.

Dimitri99 (63) - USA - OCT 2, 2004
I’m new to this whole thing, but I drank some Shiner Bock while in Austin. Compared to what else I’ve had, it was pretty good.

booyaatribe (450) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 1, 2004
Goes down good with Bar-B-Q, I’ll tell ya whut. A decent, somewhat sweet, generically dark beer.

huskerbrewmeister (4) - Nebraska, USA - SEP 25, 2004 does not count
Shiner Bock is a decent beer available in Texas and in the Midwest. It beats the pants off Longhorn. I grew to like it.

redmosquito (172) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - SEP 23, 2004
A nice bronze color with an off white head leaving occasional lacing. Interesting aroma of caramel malt, peppery yeast, and then a grapevine/raison like scent. Clean malty taste, not hoppy or bitter, and then a wine like finish. Good mouthfeel. A nice beer that I’d order again.

0.9
danku71 (1) - Washington, USA - SEP 20, 2004 does not count
22 oz. bottle. This tastes like busch light with brown food coloring in it.

AleDrinker (1089) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - SEP 19, 2004
Disappointed by this one... tastes more like a malt liquor than a bock. Too sweet, and really not much else.

Malakin (470) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 16, 2004
Copper in color with a bit of red, musty hop metallic aroma. Malty metallic flavour. For a beer called a Bock it’s light bodied and very boring. It's always amusing to try a macro style Bock...

iratherbe (255) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - SEP 15, 2004
Better story on the label than the beer in the twist-off bottle, though not too shabby. A bit thin, certainly nowhere near full flavored, an attempt at some malty sweetness, more color than body yet indeed drinkable.