RATINGS: 1838   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

1.4
vanvenlo (1881) - Glen Iris, AUSTRALIA - AUG 24, 2004
7 May 2004 - Sampled 2004AIBA - Burnt fruit aroma, red brown, soap suds lacing, bitter and light tasting, fizzy, bodyless. Overall its a nothing and how can you call this a Bock.

bb (9268) - Alamo, California, USA - AUG 17, 2004
Bottle. Dark amber color with a huge off-white head. Light aroma of malt and a hint of earthy spiciness. Slight sulpher finish but otherwise an easy drinking beer. Hint of roastiness.

Padron4KM (810) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2004
pours a rich burnt copper. not much head. no lace. Aroma is mostly malty, caramel and yeast. Body is thin, flavor is one dimensional. Caramel. maybe some corn. metalic aftertaste.

SDalkoholic (2386) - Linda Vista, California, USA - AUG 13, 2004
Warm brown colored beer that has a bit of a flat taste to it. Also only in the soapy head i can taste either a dab nutmeg, cinnamon or some kind of spice.

NYHarvey (2153) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 11, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 8, 2007 June 25, 2006 Re-Rate <P> Aroma is grains and gasses and scant else. Body is a dark amber and holds a diminishing pinky thin tan head. Very light palate. Some mild corn/grain/bread notes and just a hint of corn starch-like sweetness. Feels crisp in the mouth due to ample carbonation. Better than I recall, but this is still a very plain jane brew, but it is at least pleasantly plain. <P> Original rating 1.1 <P> I may have got this confused with something else, but I thought I’d read good things about it. The Bartender, Susie, knew her beer and warned me against it, but I thought she was just being snobbish cause it was American. I should have listened. I think this is the placebo they give the folks in those controlled medical studies cause it’s nothing but sugar water. Awful....thanks for not charging me for it, Susie.

mongkut4 (132) - Florida, USA - AUG 9, 2004
This really isn’t a bock, but more of an amber. I would drink it ahead of Michelob Amberbock, which also isn’t really a bock. But that’s saying next to nothing.

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Copper color...malty aroma...very sweet tasting almost like a flat soda pop...very easy to drink...I know several people that this is "the only dark beer" they’ll drink...I hate my friends...

1.4
Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - AUG 3, 2004
Copper color, light caramel malt aroma and taste, light body, light weak finish.

crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - AUG 2, 2004
This is an OK beer and I don’t mind drinking it, but it is just a step above the cheap american lagers out there. I would say this barely crosses the gap between a beer you drink to get drunk and a beer you drink to enjoy.

drewdogg (62) - USA - JUL 31, 2004
Lacks aroma, but decent body and nice caramel malted flavor. While this would be far from my first choice in beer, I really like Shiner Bock and drink it semi-regularly.