RATINGS: 1838   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

gandalf7531's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
gandalf7531 (8) - USA - DEC 8, 2012
This is the first Bock I’ve ever tried and I think I like the style, but I can’t say this was a premium example of it. It was certainly passable, but didn’t have much in the way of taste or mouth-feel. I enjoyed the maltiness that was present, and that’s always a sure way to up my rating of a beer. Still, it wasn’t as good a beer as I’ve had in the past. I will try the style again, must definitely, but I doubt I’d try Shiner Bock unless every other style of beer I like were unavailable. So that does mean I’d give it another go; it’s not bad, just really, really low on my cravings list.

Cakes (436) - New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 8, 2017
12 ounce bottle. Pours a dark, copper with a white lacy head. Nice malty aroma. Taste is nutty, slightly bitter, malt. Nice aftertaste.

Grovlam (4244) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUL 5, 2017
Bottle. Light fizzy beige head. Light amber color. Light malt and fruit aroma. Light body. Light sweet. Light caramel malt finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

freekyp (2235) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - JUN 26, 2017
Pours a pretty deep amber with a sticky two finger white head. Somewhat musty aroma with mild caramel and metallic continental hop notes. Crisp metallic finish.

ZodiacM (1160) - NETHERLANDS - JUN 18, 2017
LCI. Poured from the bottle. Nice bock, malty with caramel, reasonable tasty, not bad.

jrobins422 (1) - - MAY 14, 2017 does not count
A real pleasure to drink without filling you up like other dark beers. Smooth notes of hops, with no bitter taste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

swesson (453) - Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA - MAY 13, 2017
From a bottle at Torchy's Taco's in Denver. Pours a dark amber and makes a small off-white head. Aroma is of of roasted malted barley. Taste is of amber and roasted barley. Been drinking this beer since 1982. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DraftLieutenant47 (1) - - MAR 29, 2017 does not count
The National Beer of Texas....yes it’s that good and if you say different we will deport your ass up North!!

Ronritter (724) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - MAR 3, 2017
12 oz bottle poured a deep amber with a bright white head aroma of cereal and honey taste was cereal and malt with a crisp finish.

Mindwarp (276) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 5, 2017
Pours a dark amber with a thin white head. Aroma is sweet and malty but not very strong so it’s hard to elaborate. Taste is also sweet and malty, feels kind of thick but turns watery reel quick. It’s an easy beer to drink but nothing special.

Aggiebob (1121) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - DEC 16, 2016
Draft. Amber color with a white head. Malty aroma. Caramel taste. First shiner since ’89.