RATINGS: 1692   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

nxlvlrs99 (17) - Savannah, Georgia, USA - MAY 20, 2002
ok...it is a very ordinary beer....but if you have seen the movie ’fandango’ as much as me and my friends have you would hold it in as high a reguard as we do.... it’s a priveledge of youth thing...

drinkitup (13) - Spring, Texas, USA - JAN 23, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2003 by far the best beer ever created. we've been drinkin' for a couple of hours, and it still hasn't lost it's flavor. i really want to give the brewmaster a hug

blazeit (2) - USA - JUN 19, 2003 does not count
love this beer. great beer from the little brewery in shiner texas. this is by far my favorite beer. nice dark color, full of flavor. you can't go wrong with a shiner in your hands. take it to the river with some friends and have fun! i go to college at Southwest Texas State University and i can tell you, shiner bock is widely loved by all.

BCMike22 (92) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAY 20, 2005
UPDATED: APR 2, 2008 How Shiner gets disrespected is beyond me. I honestly think it’s a price thing, because anyone I’ve ever had try it loves is, and it has immediately become their favorite beer.

MaryJane420 (1) - USA - AUG 12, 2005 does not count
I’m no connoisseur, but Shiner Bock is the best beer out there! In Houston (only a 2 hour drive from the brewery) most bars charge import prices. It’s much cheaper to just buy a 12 pack and savor it at home.

faxiaktx (1) - Monterey, California, USA - APR 25, 2006 does not count
This is one of the best bocks to drink on a hot Texas day. Make sure you make it to the Bocktoberfest in Shiner, TX.

andco924 (15) - Millbrook, Alabama, USA - JUN 13, 2007
A true grit Texas beer from a small American brewery in the tradition of Yuengling, Lonestar, Pearl, Olympia, etc. This beer costs roughly $5.99 a sixer and packs big taste and malty flavor for the price!

btbullard (8) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2008 does not count
In many TEXAS roadside beer barns this is the only premium beer available. But its still one of the best options at places with 100 brews on tap. In each bottle the great taste is accompanied by 99 years of Texas history and tradition. I’ve been to the tiny brewery in the middle of nowhere. And its a place as TEXAN as Luckenbach, Stubb’s BBQ, or the Ft Worth stockyards. For those of you who tasted it and just "didn’t get it." Come to Austin; drink one as you float down the guadalupe!

dirkbag (3) - Oregon, USA - FEB 22, 2009 does not count
This is flat out my favorite beer. I am biased, being born and raised in Texas. But outside of centuries old German breweries, I can not find anything that I like as much.

gth1320 (1) - midlothian, Texas, USA - JUN 2, 2010 does not count
best beer ever. if u grow up in texas its one of the best, if not ur missing out on a great beer.