overall
RATINGS: 542   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
’Tis the Season for Cheer

Happy Holidays from the "Little Brewery" in Shiner, TX. We hope you enjoy your Shiner Cheer, an Old World Dunkelweizen brewed with Texas peaches and roasted pecans. The malty flavors of this dark wheat ale are enhanced through the use of malted barley and wheat. And Kräusening ensures a smoothnessthat makes the subtle peach and pecan flavors all the more satisfying. May your days be merry and bright and your Shiner be cold.

PROSIT!

tnkw01 (1827) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 9, 2017
Bottle. A clear, light brown in color. Had a small maybe one finger head. Aroma and taste was a weird kind of fruity flavour and smell. Really didn't get any pecans.

Scipio (1234) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - DEC 8, 2017
Pours a clear, dark red with a medium white head. The aroma is very fruity, with cherry, peach, and strawberry, as well as some subtle spices. The taste is a little sweet. Faintly bitter. Its still extremely fruity as expected. Peach and cherry are extremely potent. Much more subtle impressions include cinnamon, spice, caramel, and toasted malts. Easier yet lingering peach finish. Medium in body and crisp in texture. At first I was put off by this one. But the more I drink it, the more I like it. It tastes really good. That being said, its so fruity I won't want more than one. It doesn't feel very Christmasy drinking this either.

Aggiebob (1322) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - DEC 4, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2017 Bottle. It poured an amber color with a thick tan head. The aroma was an intense peach with a light nuttiness in the taste. For a holiday ale I was hopping for a little more spiciness. Basically, this is a peach ale.

Shooter42 (137) - California, USA - NOV 23, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 23, 2017 Best Holiday Ale I’ve had so far. This is the first holiday ale that really tastes special and very different then other ales throughout the year. Nice toasty nuttiness from the pecans and pleasant mild sweetness from ripe peaches. So glad I gave this holiday ale a chance.

Clareeses (175) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 18, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2017 Bottle purchased at Gomer's, forced upon me by the SO. Aroma 5/10: why does this smell like mulled wine?!! Appearance 2/5: is this beer?? Why is there no head? Palate 2/5: I'm not understanding this. Moderate carbonation with a mild and bubbly flavor like sparkling water. Pomegranate flavored La Croix, anyone? Taste 5/10: taste is pomegranates, ripe peach, overripe grape, honestly tastes a lot like mulled wine with a little carbonation. Overall 10/20: I'm sure the suburban housewives love this over the holidays. Final: 2.4

hgray14 (11) - Petaluma, California, USA - NOV 11, 2017
I don't know much about this style of beer but I really liked the strong peach aroma, which is odd because I usually dislike peaches. Because of the strong peach aroma, I expected the beer to taste more sweet. It's on the malty side, but not too sweet. It also definitely has hints of pecans. It's definitely unique, and more in a good way than an odd way, but I'm not sure I'd choose to have more than one in a row. But this is definitely good for special occasions.

alexsdad06 (10940) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - JUL 16, 2017
Bottle from notes. Pours a clear reddish amber brown color with a small off white head. The aroma and flavor have caramel, peaches, cherries, pale wheat malts with some creamy wheat character, a light nutty character, smooth, soft finish, decent.

dukeandduke (273) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 4, 2017
5/28/17 (Fox River Grove). 12 oz bottle poured into standard pint glass. Cherry red pour, minimal head. Peach and cinnamon aroma. Peach taste, somewhat watery, minimal carbonation, smooth drinking. Overall mediocre offering.

unclefrito62 (354) - Stow, Ohio, USA - JAN 17, 2017
12 ounce bottle laying around from the holidays. Aroma of grapefruit.Reddish,brownish in color. Taste of peaches,grapefruit and light spices. Lightly carbonation. Above average. Not considered tradition Christmas style beer, but interesting.

hopsgrove (3) - - JAN 14, 2017 does not count
This is by far the best winter/holiday beer I’ve had so far. So many brewers try to take advantage of marketing a so-called winter brew but they all lack any original or honesty. Shiner appears to have taken the time and research to bring something worthy. My only downgrade is they describe the peach as subtle, which it’s not.