overall
RATINGS: 549   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
’Tis the Season for Cheer

Happy Holidays from the "Little Brewery" in Shiner, TX. We hope you enjoy your Shiner Cheer, an Old World Dunkelweizen brewed with Texas peaches and roasted pecans. The malty flavors of this dark wheat ale are enhanced through the use of malted barley and wheat. And Kräusening ensures a smoothnessthat makes the subtle peach and pecan flavors all the more satisfying. May your days be merry and bright and your Shiner be cold.

PROSIT!

mikebeertaster's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mikebeertaster (114) - washougal, Washington, USA - DEC 20, 2011
Nice caramel color. very smooth flavor. A great sweet smell of peach. A nice beer if you like a fruity beer.

Oscbert (1349) - Lincoln, California, USA - FEB 12, 2018
Strong peach tea aroma. Sweet, slight chocolate. Pours a clear beautiful garnet color with quickly dispersing white head. Peach flavor with some woody and malty undertones. Medium bodied with medium co2, lingering peach flavor with slight bitterness. It’s not a bad drink, doesn’t taste like beer though. Taste like peach tea. Not necessarily a bad thing. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

chinchill (5450) - South Carolina, USA - JAN 29, 2018
12 oz bottle. I didn't read the description before trying this so I was quite surprised by the flavor profile which is dominated by peach jam. This is not what I expect in a winter/holiday beer but I put that aside for the ratings. The aroma is also quite peachy. Excellent appearance with a deep copper body that has excellent clarity and is topped by a creamy, durable beige head that leaves sheets of lacing.

obguthr (6921) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2018
Peach and almond nose, clove accents. Crystal clear garnet brown, thin tan head. Peach and pecan, vague spice, maybe clove. Medium body, harsh mouthfeel. Neat idea, I dig it.

BlackHaddock (8073) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - JAN 3, 2018
12 oz bottle into a La Chouffe stemmed tulip at my daughters in California on 3rd Jan 2017. lovely looking beer, red bodied, clear and clean, on top a tanned head (which sadly fell away to a wisp and collar very quickly). If a it had been a blind tasting I would have said pumpkin and rye were used in the brew and even though I knew there were peaches and pecans within I couldn't detect them. I had to 'google' “Kräusening”, so now I know! I actually liked it's aroma, flavour and sweetness. I found it both interesting and different compared to many 'holiday beers'.

arn8897 (458) - Trenton, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2017 Pours a dark amber color with an off white head. Aromas of peaches. Lots of peaches.

starsurfer55 (5) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - DEC 22, 2017 does not count
I like the spiced beers during the winter particularly around Christmas. Having grown up in NW Louisiana, the taste of both peaches and pecans are flavors that I enjoy. This beer really brings both. The underling Dunkelweizen comes through to let you know this is a well crafted beer with overtones of the peach and pecan. I would have this all through the Christmas season.

Bricks (1166) - Delaware, USA - DEC 21, 2017
Smells fruity, hint of funky sweetness.. Tastes like peaches. very fizzy. Not bad.. Not great.

Chalumeaux (1911) - Middleton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 14, 2017
Poured from can amber color with a tan head. Aroma is malt fruit light spice earthy. Taste is slightly sweet malt bread interesting.

tnkw01 (1857) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 9, 2017
Bottle. A clear, light brown in color. Had a small maybe one finger head. Aroma and taste was a weird kind of fruity flavour and smell. Really didn't get any pecans.

Scipio (1310) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - DEC 8, 2017
Pours a clear, dark red with a medium white head. The aroma is very fruity, with cherry, peach, and strawberry, as well as some subtle spices. The taste is a little sweet. Faintly bitter. Its still extremely fruity as expected. Peach and cherry are extremely potent. Much more subtle impressions include cinnamon, spice, caramel, and toasted malts. Easier yet lingering peach finish. Medium in body and crisp in texture. At first I was put off by this one. But the more I drink it, the more I like it. It tastes really good. That being said, its so fruity I won't want more than one. It doesn't feel very Christmasy drinking this either.