overall
RATINGS: 547   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
’Tis the Season for Cheer

Happy Holidays from the "Little Brewery" in Shiner, TX. We hope you enjoy your Shiner Cheer, an Old World Dunkelweizen brewed with Texas peaches and roasted pecans. The malty flavors of this dark wheat ale are enhanced through the use of malted barley and wheat. And Kräusening ensures a smoothnessthat makes the subtle peach and pecan flavors all the more satisfying. May your days be merry and bright and your Shiner be cold.

PROSIT!

cat_klotz's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cat_klotz (11) - Iowa, USA - NOV 18, 2012
Peaches. Right up front first sip. You also get peaches in the smell. It finish with a slight roast taste. A nice dessert beer for the holidays

obguthr (6832) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2018
Peach and almond nose, clove accents. Crystal clear garnet brown, thin tan head. Peach and pecan, vague spice, maybe clove. Medium body, harsh mouthfeel. Neat idea, I dig it.

BlackHaddock (7961) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - JAN 3, 2018
12 oz bottle into a La Chouffe stemmed tulip at my daughters in California on 3rd Jan 2017. lovely looking beer, red bodied, clear and clean, on top a tanned head (which sadly fell away to a wisp and collar very quickly). If a it had been a blind tasting I would have said pumpkin and rye were used in the brew and even though I knew there were peaches and pecans within I couldn't detect them. I had to 'google' “Kräusening”, so now I know! I actually liked it's aroma, flavour and sweetness. I found it both interesting and different compared to many 'holiday beers'.

arn8897 (455) - Trenton, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2017 Pours a dark amber color with an off white head. Aromas of peaches. Lots of peaches.

starsurfer55 (3) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - DEC 22, 2017 does not count
I like the spiced beers during the winter particularly around Christmas. Having grown up in NW Louisiana, the taste of both peaches and pecans are flavors that I enjoy. This beer really brings both. The underling Dunkelweizen comes through to let you know this is a well crafted beer with overtones of the peach and pecan. I would have this all through the Christmas season.

Bricks (1160) - Delaware, USA - DEC 21, 2017
Smells fruity, hint of funky sweetness.. Tastes like peaches. very fizzy. Not bad.. Not great.

Chalumeaux (1850) - Middleton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 14, 2017
Poured from can amber color with a tan head. Aroma is malt fruit light spice earthy. Taste is slightly sweet malt bread interesting.

tnkw01 (1857) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 9, 2017
Bottle. A clear, light brown in color. Had a small maybe one finger head. Aroma and taste was a weird kind of fruity flavour and smell. Really didn't get any pecans.

Scipio (1275) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - DEC 8, 2017
Pours a clear, dark red with a medium white head. The aroma is very fruity, with cherry, peach, and strawberry, as well as some subtle spices. The taste is a little sweet. Faintly bitter. Its still extremely fruity as expected. Peach and cherry are extremely potent. Much more subtle impressions include cinnamon, spice, caramel, and toasted malts. Easier yet lingering peach finish. Medium in body and crisp in texture. At first I was put off by this one. But the more I drink it, the more I like it. It tastes really good. That being said, its so fruity I won't want more than one. It doesn't feel very Christmasy drinking this either.

Aggiebob (1393) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - DEC 4, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2017 Bottle. It poured an amber color with a thick tan head. The aroma was an intense peach with a light nuttiness in the taste. For a holiday ale I was hopping for a little more spiciness. Basically, this is a peach ale.

Shooter42 (137) - California, USA - NOV 23, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 23, 2017 Best Holiday Ale I’ve had so far. This is the first holiday ale that really tastes special and very different then other ales throughout the year. Nice toasty nuttiness from the pecans and pleasant mild sweetness from ripe peaches. So glad I gave this holiday ale a chance.