overall
RATINGS: 424   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86/5   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Here in Shiner, TX (pop. 2,070), we’re suckers for tradition. Which is why this classic Oktoberfest brew is made with the highest quality two-row barley, Munich and caramel malts, along with German grown Hallertau Tradition and Hersbrucker hops. It’s our way of honoring our ancestors and the beer they loved to celebrate with. So raise your stein to tradition and enjoy this utterly classic brew.

unclemattie (4406) - Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2010
12oz twist-off bottle. This is the new Shiner Oktoberfest. Not the old label Shiner 96. Copper color, thin tan head. Aroma of sweet malts. Flavor of caramel malts and nice woody hops. Finishes sweet.

Nena (963) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 31, 2010
Bubbly orange amber pour with a thick white head. Aroma is doughy and bready, earthy, grassy. After sipping, the main flaw that hit me was a metallic taste, though this fades into the background very quickly. Body is light and also tastes doughy and bready, with a crisp spicy, earthy hop bite. A slightly vegetal character came forward as it sat on my tongue. An imperfect beer, but still very likable.

SphinxTX (2878) - Mata Gorda, Texas, USA - AUG 29, 2010
Bottle...Pours an amber/orange with fizzy white head. Aroma has some grain, a bit of spice, faint caramel. Flavor seems to be off, hard to identify but seems to taste very metallic and grainy with notes of alkaline, spice, not enjoyable to me. Mouth feel is light body and high carbonation. Overall, I just did not enjoy this beer and I normally love Marzen’s....I was very disappointed. Just a note, I purchased the beer at other locations and it all taste the same to me. Perhaps I just do not like the "Hop Profile" in this brew...sorry....

dimenhetfield (2554) - , Florida, USA - AUG 29, 2010
This one didn’t do a whole lot for me, so I didn’t bother taking notes. But I can remember it being a little smokey. Will have to try again with proper notes.

nick76 (4403) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 28, 2010
The aroma is a bit dirty with dish water, adjunct malts, toffee, grassy hops, and a touch of yeast. The appearance is light amber with a nice head that fades fast. The taste is like the aroma and not the best. The palate is smooth. Overall not one of the best of it’s style.

SSSteve (4006) - - AUG 28, 2010
12oz bottle. clear bronze with small white head. aroma is quite pale. flavor has some peanut brittle notes but not very robust. light with tingly carbonation.

CanIHave4Beers (4236) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - AUG 25, 2010
This beer actually looks great, all perfectly clear with a deep golden almost orange color with that huge white frothy meringue like head. The aroma i slightly odd with a little bit of vegetal character along with some toasty and fruity malt with a fair bit of garbage in there as well. The flavor is much better than the aroma. There is a nice fruity hoppiness right up front and a mild corny flavor as well. The beer is nicely malty but not as rich in depth as some of the better examples of the style, The beer is nicely herbally bitter with some light candy sweetness.

wxman (1865) - O’Fallon, Illinois, USA - AUG 21, 2010
Pours a clear bright amber with a full fluffy white head. Aroma is malt and hop spice. Taste is clearly a Marzen, but with American macro beer characteristics (corn and too clean w/o a lot of taste). Not a bad summer refresher, but not an exceptional Oktoberfest.

Pershing (594) - Garland, Texas, USA - AUG 18, 2010
Clear copper with a frothy off white head. Lots of carbonation in my bottle. Malty aroma and taste. Finishes slightly sweet. Not bad at all.

blutt59 (6598) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 17, 2010
bottle, clear orange amber with big rocky foam, aroma of faint spice and vegetal , flavors of butternut squash, holiday spices and some metallic aftertaste