overall
RATINGS: 75   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A dark, full bodied beer, with overtones of coffee and roasted barley, that is slightly sweet, with just enough hops to balance out the full malt flavor.

seuinoz (276) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - OCT 26, 2015
Got this beer from a good friend. Got it at the brewery. So I think this is as fresh as it can be. Malty taste, hints of chocolate and coffee. Black as night. Tan flothy head stays a while. A very good beer.

keoki182 (305) - West Bend, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 28, 2007
Enjoyed on tap yesterday at the restaurant. Solid deep mahogany hue with light brown foam. Aroma of roasted malts and coffee. The mouthfeel was excellent, not too watery but also sessionable. The flavor was outstanding as well...smooth iced coffee came to mind. Very smooth and very tasty makes this porter a winner.

nuplastikk (6452) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 8, 2010
12oz bottle. Opaque black color with a frothy beige head that fades down to a thin oily layer after a few minutes. Roasty aroma. This is a great Porter. Some vanilla tones, big bold chocolate, but all beneath a smooth, fluffy malt body. Wow, really nails the style. Porter freaks should seek this one out. Bold, almost approaching Stout.

crossovert (13908) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 8, 2011
I was surprised by this one, by far the best brew in this brewery’s lineup. It has a roasty aroma, chocolate in the flavor. It is a bit smoother and waterier in mouthfeel for the style, but it is extremely drinkable.

bpreo (2943) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JUL 9, 2010
Tastes pretty good, everything you would want in a Porter like drink-ability, re-freshness, and other hyphenated descriptions.

Cousin_Larry (895) - - MAY 23, 2015
Pours very black w tan head. Aroma is coffee and malts. Flavor is coffee, some bitterness and coffee. Left chunks at the bottom of my glass.

sickboy79 (66) - USA - JUL 24, 2010
Tap. I enjoyed this beer. It had a nice rich color and nice matly taste with lots of coffee/chocolate notes to it in the aftertaste. My favorite beer of what they had on tap during my visit.

6ROW (473) - corpus christi, Texas, USA - SEP 14, 2015
Right on style , coffee taste up front.they got on beer right, this style hides all the faults

shendrix (478) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 15, 2008
Hmm....I see that there’s a bit of disagreement about this brew. When I sat down at this overwrought pretentious tourist trap, I wasn’t expecting much. The first few sips of this dark brown bordering on black porter--served in a plastic cup for Christ’s sake--didn’t immediately dispel my misgivings. But as I sipped through the brew the lightly sweetened chocolate set against the coffee and thick oaty/nutty base against the mild lactose sweetness grew on me.

SuzyGreenberg (1604) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 17, 2010
12 oz bottle; clear, dark brown with thin dark tan head; light, dry roast with a little chocolate and dry oat; drinks thin and bone dry; more roast than your average porter, so I’m digging that; flavor profile is a little light though; some more body too and this would be killer