overall
RATINGS: 1200   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale is a crisp and refreshing wheat ale with delightful aromatics and subtle spiced flavor.

First Brewed: 1996
Hops: Willamette, Saphir
Color: Golden
OG: 1.048

madmaven (1) - Saint Petersburg, Florida, USA - OCT 9, 2005 does not count
Another reason to make Fall my favorite season! Best beer and my new favorite!

Natalea (1) - USA - SEP 12, 2007 does not count
This is my favorite beer ever!! Where can you buy it in the Chicago area?? Or even in Illinois??

watergirl2276 (1) - south portland, Maine, USA - AUG 7, 2011 does not count
i don’t know what these ppl are talking about , this stuff is GREAT! I can’t wait for this stuff to come out. i stay away from the 1st run tho, not so great. It’s perfect for fall nice and cold and crisp. The way MAINE is supposed to be

beerengineer (3) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 20, 2007 does not count
Overall a great ale. SInce I am a shipyard fan and love pumpkin pie, this is just another one of those brews you can’t wait for until fall time!

vlj79 (3) - , Oregon, USA - OCT 28, 2008 does not count
This is the best pumpkin beer I’ve had! I can see why many may like it because it has a very pumpkin pie like flavor.

tylerzoller (2) - Indiana, USA - OCT 23, 2012 does not count
First time having this beer and it is amazing. I’ve had 3 other pumpkin beers and this is by far the best one yet. It’s a must try!

udfan07 (71) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - AUG 25, 2013
The aroma of this had spices and pumpkin. It smelled a lot like graham cracker with pumpkin and it tasted exactly like that. I really enjoyed this pumpkin ale.

irishpenguin13 (36) - Leesburg, Florida, USA - NOV 30, 2006
wow. i dont think i can say enough about this one. a very complex brew, the taste says it all, and is perfect for a holiday party where the in-laws are getting on your nerves.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - OCT 7, 2007
I liked this pretty well. Tasted the pumkin very cleary and it had a nice sweetness to it. Had some nice spices, but I wouldn’t drink it all the time. Nice change of pace.

Fav40 (1) - Montomgery, New York, USA - NOV 10, 2007 does not count
Favorite of the Pumpkin Ales just wish it was available longer. Like drinking Pumpkin Pie