overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 283   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.63/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, hand crafted brewed hybrid of Belgian wheat beer and sweet cider, with natural Honeycrisp flavor added to produce an innovative new brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. This unfiltered brew is the perfect beer to welcome the warming Spring days.

justinz91 (34) - Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA - FEB 10, 2014
Poured from bottle to beer glass. Apple smell very pleasant. Golden color with hazy liquid. Thick white 2 finger head that disappeared very quickly but that’s come to be expected from Anheuser-Busch. A sweet/bitter green apple flavor with a hint of honey. Light body with a creamy texture. Carbonation is very lively with a bitter finish. Overall it’s not bad but don’t think I will buy it again sour apple is kinda a weird taste but if your into that thing go for it.

paljoey (9) - - FEB 8, 2014 does not count
Not bad apple beer. The taste is a little light. I would have another but probably not buy it.

Block (2725) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JAN 25, 2014
Pretty much what you would expect. A pale wheat beer with a sweeter finish and and apple touch.

nike (966) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 15, 2014
draft, just not one of my favorites beers. Drinkable, some sweetness in the taste, light body and mild with heavy imitation apple flavoring.

0.9
MetalNHopHead (1976) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - JAN 7, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2014 This is the kind of beer that I usually make fun of people for drinking. Lo and behold, I drank it one evening with a friend. Big mistake. My testicles dropped off of my body, shriveled up, and died. Alright, admittedly I’m being an ass about this beer. The point is, it tastes like a weak wheat ale paired with apple extract. Not my thing, but I enjoy being a jerk to people who drink it. I’m a bad person. I’ll just stop typing now.

trujahwarrior (510) - Monroe, Washington, USA - JAN 3, 2014
16oz can pours a hazy golden color with a thin fizzy white head that leaves light lacing. Smells of apples and wheat. Tastes of the same things in the smell with a nice sour apple flavor. Mouthfeel is thin and watery with a semi dry finish. Pretty good apple beer.Nice use of wheat and slight use of hops. Surprised this is from a macro brewery.

HuskerTan (2201) - Ravenna, Nebraska, USA - DEC 27, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2013 Draft. A- Apples, citrus, honey. A- Yellow color, hazy liquid, minimal head. T- Very sweet and medium sourness. P- Light body, slick texture, fizzy carbonation, crisp sour finish. O- A good apple beer. A little too sour and quite sweet but still refreshing.

Borup (14485) - Albertslund, DENMARK - DEC 18, 2013
Bottle. Hazy golden colour with a white head. Aroma and flavour of sweet apples

Pailhead (6539) - Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA - DEC 10, 2013
Bottle: The aroma consists of heavy sour green apple that makes me think of sour green apple lollipops or bubblegum. That’s pretty much all there is when it comes to the aroma. I wouldn’t call the aroma bad, but it is a bit much. It pours slightly hazy dull golden-orange with a small white head that quickly fades to a thin film outlined by a slightly thicker ring. There is some sporadic thin rings left on the sides of the glass. The flavor starts with moderate apple that is more apple juice than the candy-ish sour apple in the aroma. The finish has a touch of wheat and grass. It’s light-medium bodied with light-moderate carbonation that is a tad fizzy at times. Overall, I expected this to be much worse. I’d never buy a 6-pack, but I certainly wouldn’t refuse to drink it again. I’m sure it would be pretty refreshing on a hot day.

1.2
MrWomey (39) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2013
Ugh. Barely beer. It pours the traditional color of wheat beer, with little to no head. Aroma follows taste with an overly sweet and sour apple edge. This lacks any of the fine carbonation you’d tend to find in a good cider like Crispin. The body is very thin and and unpleasing to the palate. Just like Guinness Black Lager, I would not try this Honeycrisp Apple Wheat again.