overall
Serve in Shaker

RATINGS: 248   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Belgian-Style wheat beer brewed with spices and with natural lemonade flavor added.

gnoff (10805) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JUL 4, 2015
Bottle 12 fl oz on July 2, 2015. Thanks to the Garcia Sisters and Miss Riddick!
Cloudy yellow color, white head. Sweet, malty, lemon scent. Lemon, fresh, lime taste. Lemon aftertaste. Medium mouthfeel, low bitterness.

Chudwick (3317) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - APR 30, 2012
12oz bottle from the local gas station. pours a glowing murky yellow with copious white head that goes away quickly. Nose is lemonade with a twist of lime. Flavors adds a malty character with a little spice. Flavor is sweet and tart. Medium to light body with watery texture. Not offensive and even tasty. oh, there’s a burp.

dwyerpg (6368) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Wow. This is actually kinda good. Smell is of some lemon but in zest form. Looks decent. Light and a bit bubbly. It tastes a tad of soda, but for a shandy is nice. Better than Leine’s for sure. I’m surprised, especially since I don’t like lemons much. A good day starter.

Rotbart (155) - - MAY 21, 2012
Poured a darker lemon color with a nice white foamy head and a citrusy aroma. A significant sweet taste with a nice smooth citrusy finish. reminiscent of the radler I had on trips to Munich.

DrnkMcDermott (3130) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JUL 6, 2012
First off, by way of disclosure, I was sent a six-pack by the Shock Top brand manager for review (see it on You Tube as a "One-Take Beer Review"). Second off, I kind of surprised myself by liking it. But take that with a grain of salt of you want. Pour a very fizzy head over a pale, hazy beer body. Lemon smell is not as pronounced as I thought, in fact there’s more of the wit spiciness in the nose than I would have expected. No Lemon Pledge flavor, just a lemony backbone. I wish they would stop dancing around label requirements for the vague ingredient "Natural Lemonade Flavor," but I’m going to say this stands out pretty well against all the other lemonade-diluted Summer Shandys.

tabonkers (8) - - JUL 9, 2012 does not count
A really unique beer. Not only is the lemon taste prominent but it is not overpowering. A very refreshing beer.

presario (4916) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 11, 2014
I’m sure the base beer is the same so the lemon additive must be better than the raspberry additive. Tasty, zesty and cuts through nicely. Not an IPA or even an APA but enjoyable.

vilsack1987 (24) - - JUN 10, 2014
Very good summer time beer. The lemon is refreshing and when you during 15 of the you are hammered!

HeistAlmighty (1156) - Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 12, 2014
473ml can. Poured unfiltered school bus yellow, pretty good head that died quickly. Sour lemon and wheat aromas, bit of lemonade sweetness. Taste is light wheat beer with lemonade mix in it, which isn’t too bad. Overall, didn\t go overpoweringly sweet or sour, I’d almost say bland if I didn’t kind of like it.

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - JUN 30, 2015
poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. this beer has a very generic lemonade flavor with some beer tossed in. I found it refreshing but not memorable.