overall
RATINGS: 351   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat is a traditional Belgian-style wheat ale brewed with ripe pumpkins and a variety of autumnal spices, including nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, for a refreshingly smooth beer that fully captures all the flavors of fall.

boozedude (2228) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - MAR 28, 2012
Pours dark orange...strong pumpkin pie spice arome.. Taste is similar...pretty good stuff

snownirvana (70) - - MAR 15, 2012
Snifter from bottle. A: lots of pumpkin pie smell, clove, allspice, coriander, and a sweet roasted malt. App: hazy, medium-dark golden color. T: very light considering the smell, light to medium body, light pumpkin, light allspice, and very might coriander, slight sweetness all the way through. P: some bubbles and smooth.

mkel07 (5965) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - MAR 5, 2012
355ml bottle. Hazy amber to orange colour with a decent head of white foam. The aroma is filled with spices, cinnamon and cloves. The flavour is fresh and spicey in the mouth with just a hint of burn. There is also some citrus flavours mixed in with the spices.

Dogbrick (13010) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 3, 2012
Hazy orange-amber pour with a medium creamy white head that diminishes quickly to an outer ring. Short strings of lacing on the glass. Aroma of sweet pumpkin spice and a bit of malt. Light body with flavors of pumpkin and grainy malt. The finish is short and sweet with a pumpkin aftertaste. Slightly above average overall.

Tmoney99 (14481) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 20, 2012
Bottle. Poured hazy orange copper color with an average off-white frothy head that was mostly lasting with good lacing. Solid doughy pumpkin pie aroma. Medium body with a creamy texture and flat carbonation. Medium to heavy balanced bourbon sweet flavor with a medium to heavy sweet finish of moderate to long duration. Standout seasonal beer.

steve1966 (131) - Florida, USA - FEB 16, 2012
Blah trying to be nice here.... Blue moon beats this thats for sure... Thin watery had it in Sept a little better this bottle may be past its prime even than it was nothing to write home about had to try a sixer of it now I am stuck with finishing it off The hops in Bud Light have more going for it.... The bottle even tells me how to pour it to get the best effect perfect advice for all the many newbies that buy this crap up (can’t imagine too many). I’ll stop now. Drinkable but I’ll certainly pass next year. Its a beer thats about it. Yes there are some spices in it nutmeg pumpkin

lithy (2996) - Capital of Appalachia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 15, 2012
So its a caramel orange, white cover. Smells like caramel and allspice. Tastes sweet with the typical pumpkin pie spices. Nothing wrong, nothing interesting. Maybe a touch thin.

0.9
TheCorkStops (53) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 13, 2012
Given to me as a sample bottle, I forgot about this one for a few days before taking it home and cracking it. Pours out a darker shade of amber than I expected, with a lively off-white foam head. The aromas are, well, barely noticeable. There’s a touch of pumpkin, but not like sweet pumpkin. It smells like someone took a beer dunked their slice of pumpkin pie into it for a moment. The taste is, well, I’m not sure how to put this. I’ve never had a beer to review like this. I’m going to try to take a few more sips just for the sake of an evaluation. It really tastes as if someone dunked a slice of pumpkin pie into a glass of shock top beer. It really doesn’t taste much like pumpkin at all. I get just the tiniest little touch of spices, but barely noticeable. I hate to admit it, but I’m going to pour most of this down the drain, I’m just not into it whatsoever. And I used to be a Shock Top fan, but this is, well, totally not what I was hoping for. Sorry guys, I’m going to pass on this one. Better luck next time

S_Side_Smitty (774) - Lakeland, Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2012
Nice amber color with a small head that dissipated quickly. Very clear. Aroma is sweet pumpkin & spices. Taste is very clean as well with an easy pumpkin pie flavor - subtle. An easy to drink beer with good flavor.

bpr77 (264) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - DEC 14, 2011
Aroma of soiled diaper. Tastes like someone filtered moldy pumpkin pie through my grandpa’s tighty whiteys.