overall
RATINGS: 813   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   IBU: 96   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
A complex malt and hop theme park in your mouth
Huma Lupa Licious’ name derives from the hop plant, Humulus lupulus. It is Short’s best-selling India Pale Ale. Huma Lupa Licious is brewed with five different hop varieties, providing a punch to the palate. Between the beer’s abundance of hops, and the type of hops used in its creation, it has a delicious bitter taste and enticing citrus aroma. The hearty malt bill melds well with the hops for a perfect balance.

Huma Lupa Licious is the product of Joe Short wanting to create the ultimate IPA experience. Originally, Huma Lupa Licious was named Humulus Lupulus Maximus, and went through several recipe changes before settling on the recipe we know and love today.

milewide (2320) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 28, 2008
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2011 On tap. Aroma and taste are hops bitterness. Dark amber color. Medium body. Medium head. No confusing this IPA for a water-lager!

Had first bottle on 4/13/09. Again felt that taste was almost all hop bitterness, especially an extremely bitter after-taste!

9/2/11 Rerate: My favorite IPA! Extreme herbal bitterness, with enough malt sweetness to keep it balanced. Cloudy, which I enjoy. Aftertaste is all hop bitterness, which I love. Always in my frig!

johnmike98 (1) - Alabama, USA - FEB 5, 2011 does not count
Very drinkable, tasty IPA - fabulous flavour, yet not overpowering in hops!

ZvexFan (2) - Verona, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 1, 2014 does not count
Greatest IPA known to man. Lace, body, aroma, it’s all there. I’ve had at least 60 IPA’s in my day and I always come back to this. Perfection in my book.