Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Our Brewers Reserve Grand Cru

overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 513   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 276   ABV: 9.2%
Brewers Reserve is a special ale highlighting our pioneering history and the innovative spirit that has carried us through all these years. It is a marriage of our three most acclaimed ales: Oak-aged Bigfoot, Celebration Ale, and fresh Pale Ale blended together and generously dry-hopped. Come join us in celebrating thirty years with this most special brew. Drink it now, or save it for a future anniversary of your own.

SPDickerman (1315) - Texas, USA - APR 24, 2012
Pours dark amber, mahogany, with a finger and a half of off-white, tannish fizz. Smells hoppy, piney, some grapefruit, lots of oak, and a strong caramel malt backbone. Taste is very bitter, strong hop presence, lots of oaky tannins and some solid malt sweetness. Full-bodied with a gripping texture and average mouth-carbonation, Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Grand Cru finishes with a nice bitterness from hops and oaky wood.

Tap (22) - - FEB 23, 2011
I liked this beer alot but maybe its because I’m a big fan of the Sierra Nevada beer line these combine nicely and has a good balance. Good beer to celebrate with. Has that signature Sierra Nevada taste a step up from the pale ale.

nazbotica (17) - Missouri, USA - OCT 5, 2011
Smells of tropical fruit, peaches, mango and tangerine. I taste is fruity, citrus, juicy and finishes with a hop bite and a slight medicinal note. This beer is not too heavy. It is a year old and I am surprised that it has remained as hoppy as it has. I would have thought it would have faded a bit.