overall
RATINGS: 3570   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale represents a time honored tradition of brewing a special beer for the holiday season. There are generous portions of barley malts and fine whole hops of several varieties, creating a brew with a full, rich and hearty character.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hershiser2 (2605) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 2, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 4, 2004 2004 Edition: didnt care for the 2003 edition as much as I like the 2004 edition... maybe my tastes have changed, or something. Beautiful deep orange color, nice fargin head. Smells of lovely hops, grapefruit, and pine. Tastes luscious this year... 2003 edition. Paid $7.99 for a 6-pack. Great appearance: beautiful burnt orange color, with a huge, fluffy head, that retains well and laces nicely. Absolutely gorgeous!! Wonderful citrus (grapefruit) scented ipa... mmm, looking forward to tasting this. Edited: OK, so I finally finished my 6 of this, and I have to say, I really didnt enjoy this beer much at all. I dont see why theres so much hype about it. Its funky bitter, and leaves an almost unbearable aftertaste in my mouth. Love IPAs, but not this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 2, 2004
Excellent seasonal beer. Pours a deep amberish red and has that great hoppy smell to greet you at first smell. Would recommend letting this one warm atad in the glass and then drinking it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SpringsLicker (3542) - Tennessee, USA - FEB 1, 2004
Thanks Rate Beer! I would have tried this ages ago, but I avoided it thinking it was some spiced up winter beer. Then I found Rate Beer and it said it was an IPA! And a very nice IPA too! This has a beautiful hazy amber color that supports a fine thick head. The aroma an flavor are well balanced providing hops and malt in abundance. Smooth with a lingering finish. I'll have another one.

HopasaurusRex (195) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - JAN 29, 2004
This is one of the best examples of an American IPA. Nice and hoppy and with enough malt to back it up. The fact that its seasonal only adds to its appeal. Although I like all of SN's beers, this is the only one that I seek out and buy consistently.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
AleDrinker (1089) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JAN 27, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 25, 2005 Im not a big fan of this beer. It was a bit too spicy for my tastes. Good head, good mouthfeel, good hops, good malt, but too much damn spice. 3.2 Sampled again at clogs in corvallis on tap. Wow. This shiite is very good. Tons of solid citrus hop flavor and aroma. Plenty of body and alky to boot. 4.0

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 26, 2004
The bottle pours a deep amber color that produces a thick head. This thick head generates a heavy lacing as the glass empties. The beer starts off well but finishes too smooth for me. I like a nice kick and generous "mouth-feel" for the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
HopsOrDie (687) - New Lenox, Illinois, USA - JAN 25, 2004
Copper colored with high carbonation. Piney nose. The taste is strong with Chinook hops and bitter aftertaste. A little too out of balance for my tastes.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2004
Coppery color big head redducing to a nice lace. Nose is citrus with some pine. Flavor is full and hoppy with a bitter finish that stays around for a while.

YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2004
Dark orange body with a frothy beige head. Grapefruit and dough in the nose. Creamy, bittersweet flavor. Very good brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beastdog75 (364) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - JAN 22, 2004
Certainly not a balanced brew, but a hophead's dream come true. Strong pine and wood presence. Also has some notes of herbs, citrus, and mintiness. Pours a very nice reddish amber color. A very well made and interesting beer, I just have to get used to the style.