overall
RATINGS: 821   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
As winter begins its slide toward the sunny days of spring, we bring you Glissade Golden Bock to help you enjoy the ride. Glissade is a remarkably mellow take on the traditional spring bock. With restrained sweetness, we emphasize subtle malt flavor, balanced against delicate aromas of spicy and floral European hops. This complex balance helps Glissade slide across the palate—bracing us against the last cold nights of winter, while its bright golden color turns our thoughts toward spring.

LeftCoastRider (110) - , Washington, USA - MAY 15, 2010
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2013 2010 bottling, 12 oz. bottle. Beautiful, dark gold color with a creamy white head. Unusual initial aroma of pear, changing to bread after settling. Very smooth, good body, with a taste of honey. More pronounced malt than most of Sierra Nevada’s offerings, but finishes with nice citrus hops. I have tried all of SNBrCo’s offerings, most of which are only available at their brewery in Chico, and this is my favorite. A perfect spring ale. UPDATE: Eagerly anticipating the 2011 release, I bought a case of Glissade in early January, but ended up being disappointed. The 2011 version, while still smooth and well-balanced, is completely lacking the nuances that made the 2010 Glissade so appealing. Because I still had a few bottles of the 2010 release (albeit not as fresh), I did a taste comparison. The original beer still had that lovely aroma of pear upon pouring into a pint glass, which was lacking in the new beer. And the yeasty bread that followed was still there in the 2010, but lacking in the 2011. The color is similar, and the latest offering tastes like an easy-drinking spring bock, but the 2010 was definitely a superior beer. I would give the 2011 Sierra Nevada Glissade a 3.6-3.8 rating, with the biggest loss of points on aroma and taste.

teebradford (51) - Senatobia, Mississippi, USA - JAN 23, 2011
Aroma:

Wonderful aroma of honey and corn

Appearance:

Beautiful golden appearance. Not a rocky head, but a lasting head which clings to the side of the glass.

Taste:

Heaven! Not too sweet, not too hoppy, It’s really perfect, actually. The malts and hops complement well.

Palate:

Again, perfect. Not too sticky, not too dry.

Overall:

Snatch this up if you can. It only comes out in the spring. Also, it’s a wonderful bargain. The ABV is 6% (Not that you’d notice) and it only costs around 10 bucks a sixer.

420lkc (1) - fort worth, Texas, USA - FEB 19, 2011 does not count
Heavenly, excellent, drink alot of this beer! :-) ****************--*- ¡####!!!!!!!� :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Uglyradio (790) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - JAN 20, 2010
Golden pour...Lasting white head...Spicy hop aroma...Medium body and very smooth...Bit of malts up front with a mild hop finish...Quite good...

amarcero (24) - , Vermont, USA - JAN 25, 2010
I REALLY like this beer. Normally I’m a huge hop-head and am quite a fan of SN’s Torpedo. This was the first malt-centric beer that I’ve genually really liked. It’s sweet without being sweet (malt character), slightly bitter, and has a perfect lager yeast character. I don’t know why this is one of SN’s lower rated beers but I definitely like it as much as Torpedo, one of their highest rated. Appearance is golden almost like Budweiser, nice head but it dissipates quickly, flavor is malty with some very nice yeast esters.