overall
RATINGS: 1900   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Each fall, hops reach their peak flavor- bursting with aromatic oils that give ales layers of complex flavor and aroma that can only happen at harvest time. For us, fall comes twice a year- once in each hemisphere. This Harvest Ale features "wet" or un-dried whole-cone hops from Yakima, WA that are plucked from the bine and delivered to our brewery within 24 hours of picking.

ChrisOfstad (471) - Hamar, NORWAY - NOV 7, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2017 0,3 litre Bottle from Total Wine Laguna Hills . Dark folden, with medium offwhite head. Malt and hops. This version was no Good, The 2015 was real Good!

Bill Becker (2049) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 31, 2017
From Dec 2007 I bought this bottle from South Bay Drugs. Thanks Joey! This pours from 24oz bottle into my new Wasatch dimpled mug(thanks, John) a nice clear copper with about a 1 finger head of foam. The smell is very hoppy and spicy. The taste is the nose to a T. Hoppy and spicy and the hoppiness is on the very dry side. I mean *very* dry. The mouthfeel is very silky smooth and I can just notice some of the alcohol after the swallow. Man, this Ale is dry. In a side by side, I think I would prefer the Celebration but this is still some pretty good stuff. I'm glad I sought it out but I don't think I'd do it again. Too dry for my tastes. Update Nov 1, 2012: The first time the Northern Hemisphere has shown up in town. $6.99 for the 24oz bottle. I complained, 5 years ago, that it was too dry of a beer for me and after sipping on the bottle I just bought today, I give myself a kick in the buttocks. It's dry but the wet hops are kicking it with the spices and I'm enjoying this a lot. Score adjusted..

PugUglyBrewer (882) - - OCT 23, 2017
Clean copper color with a big head of creamy, soapy head of light calico colored foam. Exudes pleasant and bright grapefruit, floral, and pine forest. Doesn't have quite the dank wallop that Born Yesterday does but certainly raises the bar on Sierra Nevada's IPA lineup.

mempath (15) - Media, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 14, 2017
hits near perfection on all points...the 'fresh' wetness comes through like a full house...highly hopped (of course), but it carries over a mega-maltiness...at least via my SN lager glass...this deserves a tulip vessel! always a winner

dnoaksson (826) - , SWEDEN - MAY 17, 2017
Ett högst medelmåttigt öl. För att vara Sierra Nevada. Vilket betyder att det är en gnutta superbt. Att prisa dessa ölgenier är det mest förutsägbara du kan göra, näst efter att gå på muggen efter ett alltför intensivt umgänge med dessa drycker. Välhumlad och citrusbetonad, föda för gudar.

kajser27 (2132) - Zagreb, CROATIA - MAR 14, 2017
Copper colored, clear, beige frothy head. Aroma is of malt, some caramel, moderate- fruity and floral, herbal hops. Taste is medium sweet malt with caramel, some fruity and floral hops, herbal notes, medium bitterness. Medium bodied, soft carbonation, oily. Nothing overly exciting, should try it fresh...

BlackHaddock (8073) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - FEB 22, 2017
10th Feb 2017: second beer on my first flight at Devilicious, Temecula California. Really pleased to see this on the tap list as it has eluded me on my Californian trips in the past. Amber, golden body, the head a light beige affair. The nose was fruity, piney and slightly malty. The taste followed the same lines as the aroma with caramel notes pushing through the hops: semi-sweet with a mild hop bite towards the end of each sip: liked it.

Hopmaestro (1853) - Örebro, SWEDEN - JAN 31, 2017
Aroma is mild fruity with malts and stern hops. Taste is fruity sweetness, light dusty malts, spices, ripe citrus fruits. Bitterness carry a bite that reminds me a little of licorice. Green and grassy notes lifts this one a little bit.

Shark_Pants (781) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 28, 2017
355ml bottle, packaged 28 Sep 16. Attractive deep clear amber with voluminous and persistent sudsy white head. Citrus and floral aromas with some caramel malt character. Big pleasant (and unexpected) whack of melons and floral notes in the taste, then an assertive grapefruit flavour and some caramel. The wet hops give it a really nice oily and resinous mouthfeel. Really like this IPA.

RasmusOtt (2961) - Aarhus, DENMARK - JAN 14, 2017
Bottle. Pours clear copper with a white head. Aroma of wet grassy hops, resin, caramel malts and grains. Taste of grassy hops, slight citrus, caramel malts and a weak spicy end.