overall
RATINGS: 1459   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 306   ABV: 10.2%
Narwhal Imperial Stout is the latest beer in Sierra Nevada’s High Altitude Series. This malt-forward monster is bold – with notes of baker’s cocoa, molasses, and dark roasted coffee. This massive imperial stout is incredibly complex, rich, and intense and will develop in the bottle for years to come.

Style: Imperial Stout
Hops: Magnum, Challenger
Malts: Two Row Pale, Chocolate, Honey, Carafa, Roasted Barley

Availability: 12 oz bottles, Draft
Arrival: October, 2012

bierenjoyer1 (103) - Illinois, USA - NOV 15, 2013
Smells of unsweetened chocolate, some coffee, roasted barley and malts. Pours dark brown with a thin rich medium brown foam which laces nicely. Same as my aroma observation but a nice lingering of unsweetened chocolate and roasted malts and coffee. I really like this beer and will buy it again. Bottle serving from Binny’s.

Jimsal27 (291) - New York, USA - NOV 13, 2013
Bottle to glass. Pours deep brown to black. Nice creamy tan head. Strong aromas of coffee, chocolate and alcohol. Taste falls a little short. Bland up front followed by nice bitter finish good mouthfeel and carbonation.

TheLevi4000 (63) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - NOV 12, 2013
I don’t know. I thought this was going to be better. It’s OK I was expecting more flavor. Kinda bland, where is the coffee, chocolate, caramel? I didn’t taste bad, just lacked a definitive flavor profile other then a %10 ABV beer.

Nuffield (4171) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - NOV 10, 2013
I was surprised that I didn’t like this very much. Maybe I’m losing my taste for Imperial Stouts, but I found this one too roasted and almost burnt, leaving...not really a bitterness...but an off-putting note. Decent palate, and I didn’t find the alcohol problematic at all. It just didn’t appeal much to me. Bottle.

Ernesto987 (6050) - Arizona, USA - NOV 9, 2013
This is awesome, huge rich and thick, roasty and boozy. This is fantastic, amazing stuff

streve (105) - Maryland, USA - NOV 9, 2013
12oz bottle into goblet. Pour is a deep dark black color with a very small tan head that developed post pour. Aroma is of roasted malt, hops and chocolate. Taste is remarkable. Roasted malt and coffee with a light chocolate flavor. A good bitterness in the finish.

TempeCoyote (63) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - NOV 8, 2013
Ink black with about the darkest brown head I can recall poured from a 12oz bottle. Huge roasty malt but the hops come in immediately. Lots of sweet sensations in the aroma, chocolate milk. But on the tongue it's much bolder black coffee and bitter hops. Swallow it and you get the sweet notes from the aroma. The thick body sticks around and more hop flavor comes through. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

highibus (821) - Vail, Arizona, USA - NOV 8, 2013
For national stout day! Pours into my goblet with couple inch thick tan head. Jet black. Nice aroma of deep roasted malts and a hint of alcohol. Flavor is slightly roasty and chocolaty. Does not show the alcohol on the palate but definitely in the nose. Lingering nice finish of chocolate as well. Nice beer.

fluffy (2472) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - NOV 8, 2013
Still a little hot for me. Otherwise lots of burnt coffee, some pepper, a little smoke. decent. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Pinball (12149) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 8, 2013
bottle shared by Kristian. very hoppy and very malty aroma, although dry, also sweet milky notes. powerfull. classic extreme imp stout. Flavor is roasted malts, hops, charred wood bitterness, mild hoppy bitterness, palate is thick. notes of licorice.