overall
RATINGS: 1884   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Each fall, hops reach their peak flavor- bursting with aromatic oils that give ales layers of complex flavor and aroma that can only happen at harvest time. For us, fall comes twice a year- once in each hemisphere. This Harvest Ale features "wet" or un-dried whole-cone hops from Yakima, WA that are plucked from the bine and delivered to our brewery within 24 hours of picking.

Fatehunter's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Fatehunter (2613) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - APR 15, 2012
Poured into a glass stein. Amber color, transparent with a big two fingers of head. Looks awesome. Huge smell, pine, grapefruit and bit of malt in the background The taste is a trip. Start down the road slow, a bitter bite. Moving a little faster with a good malt and then the hops are back; bigger and faster. Lemon, pine tree in my mouth, chalky bitter, grapefruit, how many different bitter tastes are there? Well, drink this beer and find out. Medium body, moderate carbonation, almost clean texture. Wow. The head of a stout, big and fluffy with the most complex taste and body to match. This is a new favorite on my IPA circuit.

Smithld1 (323) - Greater London, ENGLAND - NOV 15, 2017
Delicious drop. Pint in yard house Waikiki. Like a mellow sierra n cars pale but slightly more delicious.

gripweed57 (2854) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - NOV 14, 2017
On tap at Blend Bar & Bistro in Hamilton,NJ. Bright honey gold color. Small creamy beige head. Sweet fruit nose is redolent of pine and peaches. Subtle dry cracker maltiness upfront. Spicy hops in middle, then boozy notes. Mildly Carbonated with devilish, fruity notes in finish. Melon, peach and apricot.

ricke49 (80) - La Pine, Oregon, USA - NOV 11, 2017
Beautiful pour - deep color. Fluffy off-white long-lasting head. Hop forward no doubt but so very smooth. Bottled 53 days ago and still full flavored. My first ever Wet Hop SN of any sort. Will be more.

sinfull (1798) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - NOV 7, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2017 Clear, copper color . Big , white head . Malt, pine, grapefruit in taste. Perfect combination of fresh hops and malt in taste

ChrisOfstad (332) - Hamar, NORWAY - NOV 7, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2017 0,3 litre Bottle from Total Wine Laguna Hills . Dark folden, with medium offwhite head. Malt and hops. This version was no Good, The 2015 was real Good!

Bill Becker (1770) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 31, 2017
From Dec 2007 I bought this bottle from South Bay Drugs. Thanks Joey! This pours from 24oz bottle into my new Wasatch dimpled mug(thanks, John) a nice clear copper with about a 1 finger head of foam. The smell is very hoppy and spicy. The taste is the nose to a T. Hoppy and spicy and the hoppiness is on the very dry side. I mean *very* dry. The mouthfeel is very silky smooth and I can just notice some of the alcohol after the swallow. Man, this Ale is dry. In a side by side, I think I would prefer the Celebration but this is still some pretty good stuff. I'm glad I sought it out but I don't think I'd do it again. Too dry for my tastes. Update Nov 1, 2012: The first time the Northern Hemisphere has shown up in town. $6.99 for the 24oz bottle. I complained, 5 years ago, that it was too dry of a beer for me and after sipping on the bottle I just bought today, I give myself a kick in the buttocks. It's dry but the wet hops are kicking it with the spices and I'm enjoying this a lot. Score adjusted..

PugUglyBrewer (791) - - OCT 23, 2017
Clean copper color with a big head of creamy, soapy head of light calico colored foam. Exudes pleasant and bright grapefruit, floral, and pine forest. Doesn't have quite the dank wallop that Born Yesterday does but certainly raises the bar on Sierra Nevada's IPA lineup.

mempath (15) - Media, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 14, 2017
hits near perfection on all points...the 'fresh' wetness comes through like a full house...highly hopped (of course), but it carries over a mega-maltiness...at least via my SN lager glass...this deserves a tulip vessel! always a winner

dnoaksson (826) - , SWEDEN - MAY 17, 2017
Ett högst medelmåttigt öl. För att vara Sierra Nevada. Vilket betyder att det är en gnutta superbt. Att prisa dessa ölgenier är det mest förutsägbara du kan göra, näst efter att gå på muggen efter ett alltför intensivt umgänge med dessa drycker. Välhumlad och citrusbetonad, föda för gudar.

kajser27 (2028) - Zagreb, CROATIA - MAR 14, 2017
Copper colored, clear, beige frothy head. Aroma is of malt, some caramel, moderate- fruity and floral, herbal hops. Taste is medium sweet malt with caramel, some fruity and floral hops, herbal notes, medium bitterness. Medium bodied, soft carbonation, oily. Nothing overly exciting, should try it fresh...