overall
RATINGS: 1887   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Each fall, hops reach their peak flavor- bursting with aromatic oils that give ales layers of complex flavor and aroma that can only happen at harvest time. For us, fall comes twice a year- once in each hemisphere. This Harvest Ale features "wet" or un-dried whole-cone hops from Yakima, WA that are plucked from the bine and delivered to our brewery within 24 hours of picking.

mcc5468's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mcc5468 (122) - USA - OCT 17, 2010
22 oz bottle. Sierra renamd this beer this year from its "Harvest Ale". This year’s edition is solid. Nice, slightly grassy aroma. Pours a somewhat clear, orange/copper color. Taste is slightly hoppy - not as much hop "bite’ as I would have wanted. This year’s edition seems a little watered down but sill a good solid beer.

mikeyo1 (876) - Linköping, SWEDEN - DEC 9, 2017
Bottle @ home. Pours an amber liquid with an off white head. Grape fruit, pine, toffee, caramel, bread. Taste is bitter throughout with balancing citrus and caramel sweetness.

simonsepost (0) - - DEC 7, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2017 Bra beska. Mycket smak med inslag av citrus. I början lite lågmäld men efter ett par klunkar kom verkligen smaken fram. Skön upplevelse.

Jabic (713) - Plainfield, Vermont, USA - NOV 29, 2017
2017 Version. Ar: Mint, marmalade, and sticky caramel; black tea, orange, and black pepper. Ap: Copper and clear; large tan head with spectacular retention, resting in a cloud-like cap of slowly receding foam, leaving trails of lacing along the glass sides. T: Soft orange and toasted caramel up front; black pepper; medium sweetness; medium-high creeping bitterness, with a tannic quality and flavor of black tea; marmalade and orange on the finish with fairly harsh bitters. P: Medium body with medium-high carbonation; fairly soft; medium-dry finish. O: This beer has a lot going for it, but the tannic hop quality is just overwhelming and throws the beer out of balance.

smeckert (10) - - NOV 18, 2017
Not a wet hopped beer to me. Beautiful dark golden brown color with good lacing but way to malty to be an IPA. Definitely malt forward instead of hop. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Smithld1 (333) - Greater London, ENGLAND - NOV 15, 2017
Delicious drop. Pint in yard house Waikiki. Like a mellow sierra n cars pale but slightly more delicious.

gripweed57 (2912) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - NOV 14, 2017
On tap at Blend Bar & Bistro in Hamilton,NJ. Bright honey gold color. Small creamy beige head. Sweet fruit nose is redolent of pine and peaches. Subtle dry cracker maltiness upfront. Spicy hops in middle, then boozy notes. Mildly Carbonated with devilish, fruity notes in finish. Melon, peach and apricot.

ricke49 (92) - La Pine, Oregon, USA - NOV 11, 2017
Beautiful pour - deep color. Fluffy off-white long-lasting head. Hop forward no doubt but so very smooth. Bottled 53 days ago and still full flavored. My first ever Wet Hop SN of any sort. Will be more.

sinfull (1817) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - NOV 7, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2017 Clear, copper color . Big , white head . Malt, pine, grapefruit in taste. Perfect combination of fresh hops and malt in taste

ChrisOfstad (359) - Hamar, NORWAY - NOV 7, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2017 0,3 litre Bottle from Total Wine Laguna Hills . Dark folden, with medium offwhite head. Malt and hops. This version was no Good, The 2015 was real Good!

Bill Becker (1908) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 31, 2017
From Dec 2007

I bought this bottle from South Bay Drugs. Thanks Joey!

This pours from 24oz bottle into my new Wasatch dimpled mug(thanks, John) a nice clear copper with about a 1 finger head of foam.

The smell is very hoppy and spicy.

The taste is the nose to a T. Hoppy and spicy and the hoppiness is on the very dry side. I mean *very* dry. The mouthfeel is very silky smooth and I can just notice some of the alcohol after the swallow. Man, this Ale is dry. In a side by side, I think I would prefer the Celebration but this is still some pretty good stuff. I'm glad I sought it out but I don't think I'd do it again. Too dry for my tastes.

Update Nov 1, 2012:

The first time the Northern Hemisphere has shown up in town. $6.99 for the 24oz bottle. I complained, 5 years ago, that it was too dry of a beer for me and after sipping on the bottle I just bought today, I give myself a kick in the buttocks. It's dry but the wet hops are kicking it with the spices and I'm enjoying this a lot. Score adjusted..