overall
RATINGS: 4429   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

zombywoof (467) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - MAR 19, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2006 Comparable to my other favorite American Pale Ale-Boulevard Pale Ale. It has a slightly better finish, a little rounder on the tongue with nice fruity notes. A very drinkable beer-great brew to quaff while grilling. One more and I’ve got 100 beers. What should I choose for number 100?

labattfreak (58) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - MAR 19, 2006
I found this beer to have a bit of a spicy taste. I could taste the yeast at the end. At the bottom of the bottle, I could see the yeast. That didn’t impress me. It made the beer look sloppy. Still a good beer, though.

johninmelb (1127) - Bristol, Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - MAR 18, 2006
I really like this beer. Hoppy, well formed, perfectly balanced mouthfeel - it does everything a good APA should. I reckon it may be the inspiration for Little Creatures, Australia’s top rating beer (last I checked). Great stuff.

JohnnyOS (646) - Golden, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 17, 2006
Pours golden amber with thick head. Aroma of fruit malt and hops with a flavor to match. Slightly bitter hop finish.

bitter (1136) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - MAR 16, 2006
do you want to know something interesting about snpa? its the second most rated us beer to bud. that’s pretty fn impressive. this is truly a classic beer and we all know what it tastes like. this is the one that started it all way back in the early 90’s for me. always agood standby. can leave a killer hang over though.

DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 15, 2006
Bottle 11/10/2004 Golden coloured and hoppy with pale and apricot fruit aroma and flavours. Smooth slightly bitter lasting finish.

kingfiogojr (78) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 15, 2006
I really like this beer. Being a big fan of the India Pale Ale/Pale ales and enjoying hoppiness in my beers, I decided to take the plunge with the S.N. American Pale ale, and I am not disapointed. This is the kind of beer that I can make my "go-to" brew, and never get sick of it. It has a good medium hoppy flavor, not overpowering, but rich enough so that it is always enjoyable. Same with a nice grassy/hoppy aroma. The color is a nice brown/red and always is enjoyable. An excellent beer if I do say so myself.

iowaherkeye (2703) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - MAR 13, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 9, 2006 Pours a clear dark golden with a small white head. Grapefruity hops and caramel malts in the aroma. The taste follows the smell pretty well. Finishes dry. Good representation of the style.

Dinobrown (46) - Virginia, USA - MAR 11, 2006
12oz Very good quality beer for the price. Lively citrus and pine hops with enough malt to round out the bitterness. Very drinkable and the best choice at 7-11.

smcd (366) - USA - MAR 10, 2006
What can you say about the green monster? It is a standard? If you haven’t had one you’ve been living under a rock? Come on! Go grab a sixer and dive in. Easy drinkin’ if thoroughly unremarkable standard.