overall
RATINGS: 4462   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

jakepete (13) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 27, 2006
Amazingly consistent in the bottle. Don’t think I’ve ever had a bad one. This is the benchmark for American Pale Ales. Great malt/hop balance with a touch of caramel. Great showcase for cascade hops.

GonZoBeeR (3061) - ste-catherine, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 26, 2006
Aroma:Good grapefruit hopy nose.... Appearance:clear gold,huge white head.. Flavor:light hops,light caramel,watery....

GarrettB (1691) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 24, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2007 Sierra Nevada’s IPA first came to me by way of rumor. Like a social meme or a celebrity’s latest secret, I had at first heard only whisperings of Sierra Nevada’s most common and most popular offering. Bit by bit I collected the fractured descriptions, until I came to the conclusion that this may in fact be a beer worthy of trying. However, it only came bundled in six packs. The possibility of owning five bottles of beer that I disliked seemed like too heavy a burden to carry. Then one day I walked into my local beer depository (read liquor store) and saw that it was included in the newest spring sampler six pack. It was a victory of sorts, until I drank the cursed thing. The visual spectacle was not unlike any other IPA, and the smell gave a distinct tinge of normalcy. Already a boring beer, but then I tasted it and found it quite stellar in its deviance from its label. You see, the company labeled this confused brew a pale ale, when I rather think it lurks on the tongue like pilsner. And sadly this is no faerie tale transformation, but something more along the line of the mad doctor’s monster scaling the village walls and terrorizing the townsfolk. But somehow I’m the only one who sees this bestial figure for what it is, as most of my colleagues will gladly prostrate to drink this beer, and spend the night in supine peace for it all. As for me, I’m always sad to see a potential casual beer for those everyday dinners go down the drain. The hunt continues.

Bewildebeeste (7) - Whitley Bay, ENGLAND - MAR 24, 2006 does not count
330ml bottle. Spicy fruit aroma, pours with slight head. Marginally spicy, balanced taste. Light aftertaste. This is the first American Pale Ale i’ve tried and is somewhat different to the Pale Ales native to the UK. I’d definately have it again though.

LDawg (72) - Rockport, Texas, USA - MAR 22, 2006
22mar06 six bottles for $8.11. definately good considering how avab. they are. It seems the more avab the beer is, the less taste they have. SN didn’t fall into that catergory. Fruity with body and pleasant carbonation.

HulkamaniacUM (43) - Oxford, Mississippi, USA - MAR 22, 2006
Seems like I always forget this beer is out there, but when I stumble back upon it, I’m glad that I did.

Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 21, 2006
Robe blonde claire surmontée d’une mousse blanche qui persiste. Arômes de houblon terreux. Saveurs de malt, de céréales, de houblon terreux, de fruité et de levure.

sanmiguel (118) - Illinois, USA - MAR 21, 2006
Excellent pale ale. Nice aroma (in the grainy side). Very refreshing. Recommended.

zombywoof (467) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - MAR 19, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2006 Comparable to my other favorite American Pale Ale-Boulevard Pale Ale. It has a slightly better finish, a little rounder on the tongue with nice fruity notes. A very drinkable beer-great brew to quaff while grilling. One more and I’ve got 100 beers. What should I choose for number 100?

labattfreak (58) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - MAR 19, 2006
I found this beer to have a bit of a spicy taste. I could taste the yeast at the end. At the bottom of the bottle, I could see the yeast. That didn’t impress me. It made the beer look sloppy. Still a good beer, though.