overall
RATINGS: 4426   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

fluentsky (10) - Arizona, USA - JUL 7, 2005
12 oz bottle. Yeasty nose with mild hop overtones. Medium amber pour with non-lasting, lightly carbonated head. Herbal, almost perfumy topnote with slight bitterness. Varietal gracenotes with slight hints of burnt caramel. Mildly bitter, slightly lingering finish. Good stuff. Remember to not drink the last ounce or so because it’s bottle conditioned – Unless you like a good brewer’s yeast hit.

NYHarvey (2153) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 6, 2005
I drank this out of the bottle just to do something different. Suprisingly it was just as good. Hop notes are almost downplayed because you get a more concentrated stream. It is more bitter at first, but then it fades faster cause less of your tongue gets coated. Still a great beer that I am thrilled is almost everywhere now.

theacelatrain (262) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 5, 2005
Bottle. Medium amber color with little to no head. Fresh hoppy and flowery nose, with crisp hop and pine flavors balanced with citrus and even a hint of fruity sweetness. I prefer hoppier pale ales, but this is definitely the most well balanced one I’ve had.

mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - JUL 5, 2005
Bottle. Nice amber color, with a short lasting head. Enjoyed this one with my family on the 4th of July. Sierra Nevada and fireworks, a nice combination. A nice hoppy aroma and very smooth flavor. Will buy again.

HogTownHarry (7064) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - JUL 4, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2005 Bottle (12oz). Probably my second-favourite American pale ale (after the Stone). Pours medium coppery golden, nice bubbling, smooth, thin white head, not much lacing in my Fin du Monde glass. Aroma of vigorous hops, blended citrus, apricot, hint of tobacco. Flavour is balanced - I’m sure it’s pretty hoppy and bitter, but it’s so well balanced with non-bitter grapefruit and off-dry wine notes, it’s in a word smooth. Long, smooth linger on the tongue, no hop build-up. One of the great summer beers. I’m a fan.

AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - JUL 3, 2005
This beer pours an amber color with a large head. The aroma is fresh...kind of like the smell of sping-scented soap. Hops tastes is fairly strong and pleasing, but not quite as fresh as some other beers (Dogfish for example). This beer is pretty easy to find, and fairly cheap, so I’ll be going back to this one again and again.

darkcarrington (31) - USA - JUL 3, 2005
This is definitely one of my favorite beers. Not only is the flavor great, but you can find it pretty much anywhere. Best APA I’ve had

trokini (1025) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 1, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2005 A go-to pale ale. Always good, always available. Would rather drink an AleSmith brew, but I’m not going to whine if this is my only option.

spnkyoumuch (24) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 1, 2005
This is a very good product for an APA. It may be slightly overrated, but then again.. what more could you ask for.

mnurda (1289) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 30, 2005
Wow. This beer tasted great at 7 PM, 3AM and 11 AM. I had several during my stay in LAs Vegas, and even brought some home for the beer afficionados in Winnipeg. Highly recommended.