overall
RATINGS: 4673   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

jus10cider82 (67) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - FEB 1, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2005 smells of vegetation...poors nice golden with very little head..tastes of hops and sweet in the begining and nice bitterness in the end....my new everday beer @14.00 a 12-12

Jukkabro (3484) - Tampere, FINLAND - FEB 1, 2005
Dark golden color, little white head. Sweet, caramel, fruity, dry and bitter aroma, rich and nice one. Bitterness coming from hops. Medium bodied. Flavor starts with sweet tones, ends with very strong bitterness and drought. Nice brew, my first American Pale Ale, reminds me of some IPAs.

Krausen (102) - USA - JAN 30, 2005
Its not "interesting" its not "complex" but it is definately bitter. My favorite beer of all time when I just want a "beer." Sure, I love my belgians, stouts and barleywines, but this beer just screams cascade, balance and simplicity.

TBone (17565) - Pori, FINLAND - JAN 29, 2005
Bottle conditioned (BB 10/2005)
Dark honey golden color with small off-white head. Nose has aromatic hops and honey sweetness. Carbonated soft palate with good chewy malts. Good hopping but not too bitter. Well-balanced pale ale.

n0kwa (34) - Talisheek, Louisiana, USA - JAN 29, 2005
Medium head, light brown color, slightly hazy. Decent aroma, not overpowering. Smooth taste initially, stronger hop taste in finish. I liked this one.

robpet (98) - Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA - JAN 28, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2005 I don’t know what happened in the course of one week, but I decided to try another of the ones I had left in the six. I really enjoyed it. Aroma was much cleaner. Rerate this much better.

szkot (100) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 27, 2005
I like this beer. Pours amber. Tastes of floral hops with little malt character. Easy drinking beer.

flynnguy (14) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2005
I think the cascade hops are just too overpowering but I seem to be in the minority. Starts off nice and then wham.

Tmoney99 (14495) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 25, 2005
BOTTLE. DARK AMBER COLOR WITH MEDIUM TAN HEAD. COMPLEX AROMA AND COMPLEX STRON FLAVOR. UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS DRINKABLE CROWD FAVORITE.

obisbeer (568) - Barcelona, SPAIN - JAN 24, 2005
Nice piney quality showing the cascade hops. Simple but delicious. In the end a well made classic American brew!