overall
RATINGS: 4455   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

brandonfisher (16) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 22, 2005
It does not smell all that bad, but the taste has something to be desired, but then again I am not much pale ale drinker either, but something I would not buy for myself to drink. I would suggest to others if they are into something hoppy

Dalle (1145) - Skørping, DENMARK - FEB 22, 2005
Bottle. Dark golden with nice head and lace. Sweet and pleasently hopppy - lesser hop-punch than expected. Dry finish. My expectations weren’t quite met though it is nice enough.

jackamackson (127) - USA - FEB 22, 2005
pours a light gold color. with a quickly dissapating white head. aroma is very faint hops. flavor is crisp and mildly hoppy, with a slightly bitter finish. overall, a good pale ale. sort of boring, but thats the point. i can see myself buying this often, though, because it’s pretty cheap and good.

DogfishKing (22) - USA - FEB 21, 2005
pretty good, the only thing I did not like was a slight soapy flavor ? went away after the 2nd one. hoppy and delicious

bdeleon (3) - Valencia, California, USA - FEB 20, 2005 does not count
Since it is commonly availible at my local keg supplier, I am inclined to consume this as an everyday drinking beer. The balance of hops and aftertaste are just enough to really enjoy a cold one after a hard day’s work, without suffering the absence of taste found in the common domestic guzzlers.

ChristianSA (368) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - FEB 20, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2005 Bottle; Nice compact head on top of a copper colored crystal clear beer. No real aroma, maybe except for some diesel oil. Flavor of hops and a little bit of fruitiness. Some lingering bitterness. OK and quaffable, but not making any lasting impression.
Rerate: Incredible soft mouthfeel. Hazy orange with bigbubbled head. Good hop aroma nad caramelly flavor with hints of licorice

Muckrakerr (33) - Muskegon, Michigan, USA - FEB 20, 2005
Not tremedously complex but it isn’t intended to be. I bought a 6-pack on sale for $6.56. I need to find a store where I can get a case every month at an even deeper discount. To consider this bland is a misinterpretation of the style.

SSSteve (4006) - - FEB 18, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2005 aroma isnt bad but sort of bland. nothing really stands out. golden red in color. i enjoy the sweet pale ale blended with a slight bitterness.

MIBRomeo (2579) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 17, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 25, 2005 stale hops and barely aroma, not bad but odd, the apearance was farily a dark golden color w/ a thick white head, the palate was solid and carbonated with a grassy earthy hop flavor and a bit of a pungent aftertaste. This was ok but nothing special.

teebradford (51) - Senatobia, Mississippi, USA - FEB 16, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2011 Don’t get me wrong, I like this beer. I just think is has too much of a grapefruit taste. Maybe that’s the point and I’m just not getting it. Its OK and I’d probably buy it again, but to me it kind of blends into the crowd. Extra points for originality, though.

Re-rate, 6/19/11: I love this beer. An American classic. The negative rating 6 years ago I attribute to my green taste buds. You can never go wrong with SNPA.