%>
overall
RATINGS: 4426   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

csbosox (1229) - Prairie Village, Kansas, USA - FEB 7, 2005
12 oz bottle. 50.8°. NB worthy glass. Pours orange red with an off white, smallish head that dissapates quickly. Sweet, hoppy, grassy aroma. Has a bit of a sour? aroma. Taste is slightly sweet, then grassy, then a bit sour. I drank 7 of these yesterday and loved everyone of them. I am getting none of the hop aroma and hoppiness from this bottle. Is it too warm, wrong glass? I will re-rate in the next couple of days.

hopmaster (7) - redlands, California, USA - FEB 7, 2005 does not count
My "regular drinking" beer. There is always plenty in the fridge, and it is always a delight to enjoy one as the cap to a good, bad, or indifferent day. I’ve been enjoying Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for years, and through thick and thin, this beer has been great, and perhaps most importantly, *consistently* great. The folks at Sierra Nevada do a wonderful job. Bottle conditioning is something that I (as a homebrewer) appreciate. I am puzzled that this beer is not ranked higher that it is. Definitely in the top 5% of all readily available beers in the U.S., at least in the hoppy ale category. Love it. Drinking a Stone Arrogant Bastard right now and wishing it was a Sierra Nevada Pale ale. Best thing about my recent move to CA from WI? 2,045 miles closer to Chico, CA (where they make the golden nectar) than I was before!

verymerrymonk (413) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 6, 2005
Pours a clear amber gold with a small white head. Aroma was slighty hoppy, but rather boring. Flavor was nicely balanced - hop bitterness with a caramel malt sweetness. Good session pale ale.

dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - FEB 6, 2005
slightly bitter, on tap, very golden, fully carbonated, rather enjoyed this one.

Crockett (1120) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 6, 2005
Volo. Pours clear deep gold with a tight little white head. Fresh aroma of fruit, hops and toasty. Grapefruit, caramel and pine. A little pepper in the finish. It’s just such a great little beer. Really balanced and flavourful.

rudolf (2360) - Buffalo, New York, USA - FEB 6, 2005
An old standby that doesn’t wow me the way it used to. Tastes change. Gold body, creamy head. Strong bitterness is accompanied by biscuty malt. Certainly the best beer I can get just about anywhere but no longer something I’d search out.

Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 4, 2005
Bottle, Cafe Volo. Dark orange pour, small white head. Nice fruit hops in aroma. Medium bodies mouthfeel. Taste is decently bitter for the style, well balanced and rather sweet. This is a great example of not going overboard, just delivering a solid, drinkable pale.

jus10cider82 (67) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - FEB 1, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2005 smells of vegetation...poors nice golden with very little head..tastes of hops and sweet in the begining and nice bitterness in the end....my new everday beer @14.00 a 12-12

Jukkabro (3484) - Tampere, FINLAND - FEB 1, 2005
Dark golden color, little white head. Sweet, caramel, fruity, dry and bitter aroma, rich and nice one. Bitterness coming from hops. Medium bodied. Flavor starts with sweet tones, ends with very strong bitterness and drought. Nice brew, my first American Pale Ale, reminds me of some IPAs.

Krausen (102) - USA - JAN 30, 2005
Its not "interesting" its not "complex" but it is definately bitter. My favorite beer of all time when I just want a "beer." Sure, I love my belgians, stouts and barleywines, but this beer just screams cascade, balance and simplicity.