overall
RATINGS: 4446   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 15, 2000
A very good ale. Hoppy to be sure. I guess I don't see it as 'THE' pale ale like so many others do, but it's damn good. I personally prefer a local brew 'Squatters Full Suspension Pale Ale' to this, but only when I have the Squatter's stuff on draft. Anyway...I'm not talking schmack, because this is a seriously good beer.

blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - NOV 29, 2000
The classic - presentation - gorgeous yellow golden hue. Taste - whoa - the hops! unbalanced - but for a great effect. Flavor - rich and refreshing not too big on body. Palate - check your tongue - it might be green from the hops! Overall - a great beer - be careful - too many leaves a weird taste in your mouth for quite a while - makes it difficult to taste other beers properly. Cheers!

Oakes (18756) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 18, 2000
UPDATED: APR 7, 2005 Golden-amber colour. Mild aroma of cascades and wood. Mild bitterness. Some woody, citrusy notes but nothing assertive or distinct.

bigred7 (44) - Sarcoxie, Missouri, USA - NOV 17, 2000
One of the best, if not The best, pale ales I have tried. I'm more of a stout and porter fan, but I really like this beer.

Bov (13221) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - OCT 2, 2000
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2009 9-2009; from Bier-Bienne - pours a clear golden-amber colour with a huge creamy and slightly beige foam; fair flowery hoppiness in the nose with notes of cream, dust and apricot; a good malt body, rounded palate, tasty and with a good bitterness; long flowery hoppy finish

9-2000; (5/7/7/4/14)

turtlehead (111) - Nottingham, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 17, 2000
A wonderful PA, with a fresh fruity finish and a touch of caramel malt. Great beer. Cheers...

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - JUL 20, 2000
This Pale Ale rocks! An excellent, full-flavored ale without the bitterness associated with ales! Yum!

Sammys (427) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 12, 2000
My first experience with this was early on in college, at a keg party at Caltech. The keg was dispensing very flat beer, and I hated everything about this. Now that I've tried the carbonated version of this, I like it a lot. Well balanced bitterness, nice hoppy finish, just the way I like it.

groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - JUN 16, 2000
UPDATED: SEP 27, 2003 One of America's premier beers. Crisp with a nice hop finish. My favorite Pale Ale, hands down.

wade (59) - Decatur, Georgia, USA - JUN 5, 2000
Excellent hop flavor and aroma, but not overpowering. A great session beer.